Author Topic: Change of insurer not covered for two weeks?  (Read 1623 times)

Offline JeffandAnnie

Change of insurer not covered for two weeks?
« on: March 04, 2013, 08:08:29 PM »
I've just arranged to change to Axa from Argos, but the dogs won't be covered for two weeks apparently. First two weeks with Axa they're not covered and according to the Axa rep you can't have two insurances. Is this right? It'd be just our luck for something expensive to happen in those two weeks!

Offline ladylola

• Donator
Re: Change of insurer not covered for two weeks?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 08:43:08 PM »
They won,t be insured against illness, but should be covered for accidents.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline LinziS

• Erin
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 08:58:25 PM »
I changed my insurance from Argos to Axa as well just before Xmas....I started the Axa insurance 2 weeks before the Argos one ended. My rational was that if something went wrong and one of the girls became unwell then I would just continue with the Argos one and cancel the Axa one...maybe this is not ethical to do but I wanted my girls covered . Both girls were fine so I just told Argos I was not renewing.

My dogs are heartbeats at my feet

Offline siam

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 08:59:29 PM »
I've just arranged to change to Axa from Argos, but the dogs won't be covered for two weeks apparently. First two weeks with Axa they're not covered and according to the Axa rep you can't have two insurances. Is this right? It'd be just our luck for something expensive to happen in those two weeks!

I've just tonight changed from Tesco to John Lewis. Alfie's renewal is due 11th March. I was hoping to have a 2 week overlap but couldn't decide who to change to in time. I never heard of not being able to have 2 insurances, because as of tonight for a week Alfie has! Like you I'm a bit concerned about the week he isn't covered by either, although I think that's for illness. I think he's covered for anything arising from an accident.

Offline wendall

• Donator
  • Honey and Pip
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 09:00:54 PM »
Thats what happened with me. In those two weeks Honey broke her tooth, luckily it was covered as it was an accident ph34r
Rosie,rest in peace my beautiful little girl, you will be in my heart forever. 2/2/12-24/10/12