Author Topic: Getting ready for our first show  (Read 5071 times)

Offline Jane1320

Re: Getting ready for our first show
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2013, 06:35:58 PM »
We had a wonderful time at our first show, everyone was so kind and helpful. We were made to feel really welcome. We realised we have an awful lot to learn, but we looking forward to it! We were only down for the puppy walk but Myrtle manage to pretty much belly surf her way around, and I wasn't much help, having her collar in the wrong position!! Oooops. We were all absolutely exhausted after, but we're to practice some more!!! Thank you all for the advice x  :D

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2013, 06:58:46 PM »
Sorry, we really didn't get much chance to say hello between getting both dogs into the ring and getting back into the kitchen!  You couldn't start off at a much friendlier show than WofE.   I think you were chatting to Bev and no doubt had chance to compare Myrtle and Misha  :luv:  Unfortunately I didn't have a camera with me so no photos of the day!

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 09:47:31 AM »
Aww we were at this show with my black boy 'Molkara Druid's Quest at Chamerl' Dru, but didn't see this post first or would have said hello. I think I might have seen you in passing. This is always a lovely friendly show and best way to learn is to go along to shows such as these and get a feel for it. I learnt by many mistakes we all start somewhere. ;) Glad you had a good day. :)
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline Jane1320

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2013, 11:14:35 PM »
Thank you both, we did have such a lovely day. Wish now I'd only put our names down for puppy walks for our next few shows, I hadn't realised how much the whole atmosphere would make Myrtle react! She's so shy!! Both my husband and I fell in love with the solid blacks on show, he's very  tempted, maybe able to twist his arm in an addition to the family!!! We're looking forward to our next show just searching for an experienced groomer :)

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2013, 08:59:30 AM »
Aww She's only a baby still. Don't overdo it and the more lovely experiences she has the better. Shows like WoE are perfect for her. Smaller, so as not to overwhelm and always so very friendly. They are all different too. One of mine is more outgoing than the other. Do you have a Ringcraft class close to you as this will get you both used to the atmosphere and what you need to do at shows. Great way to start out. Also companion shows are good for practice. Lots of fun. No real pressure and usually very friendly. You can have a go at pedigree classes and the fun ones like waggiest tail etc to ring the changes for her. Lots of luck to you and maybe we'll see you at a show again soon. :)

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2013, 08:29:12 PM »
Hi  :blink:

I remember seeing your baby at West of England ....it really is a lovely show and its where I started showing a couple of years ago ...we now have a blue roan and a solid black so I can understand your love of the blacks  :luv:

Whens your next show ?

Jo

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2013, 09:02:27 PM »
Hi  :blink:

I remember seeing your baby at West of England ....it really is a lovely show and its where I started showing a couple of years ago ...we now have a blue roan and a solid black so I can understand your love of the blacks  :luv:

Whens your next show ?

Jo

Hey we started at this one too Jo.  ;) Always been a favourite of mine!! :D

Offline Jane1320

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2013, 08:31:47 PM »
We are booked in for the three counties show next weekend, but I booked this before I realised how big it was and how Myrtle would respond, I would love to go but think maybe we should just watch this time. We start ringcraft in Stonehouse this week so hopefully we'll get more of an understanding for everything we need too be doing! We're doing obedience in Nailsworth too, just need to get some grooming sorted!!!  :005: xx

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2013, 09:10:45 PM »
We are booked in for the three counties show next weekend, but I booked this before I realised how big it was and how Myrtle would respond, I would love to go but think maybe we should just watch this time. We start ringcraft in Stonehouse this week so hopefully we'll get more of an understanding for everything we need too be doing! We're doing obedience in Nailsworth too, just need to get some grooming sorted!!!  :005: xx

Hope it's not the Three Counties as that was a few weeks ago :005:  Is it the Cocker Club show at the Three County Showground?  It might be BIG, but it's a great place to see lots of beautiful dogs from here and overseas! 

We'll see you there with our two!

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie