Author Topic: New puppy  (Read 1680 times)

Offline magicflower

• Site Member
  • Ruby-doos!
New puppy
« on: May 15, 2013, 05:43:15 PM »
Pet insurance! What a nightmare  >:(

Ruby is insured with Marks and Spencer and is currently costing me £58.00 a month. Mind you she has had a number of problems ie teeth and eyes. The excess is £70.00.

I just wondered if anyone has can give me any guidance/recommendations for Boomer when he joins us on 8th June.

I have done couple of quotes with John Lewis and Pet Insurance.co.uk and they have all been really expensive and the excess so high.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you xx

Tracey, Ruby and Boomer xx

Offline Evadee

Re: New puppy
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 06:03:41 PM »
We're with Petplan and both ours were around £25 pm to insure for the start, this was 1 year ago for Jake and 2 years ago for Tia.

Petplan is expensive though...

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 06:12:34 PM »
Also with Pet Plan, £29.23 a month with a £90 excess per condition per year.  We did make a very expensive claim when he was 4 months old and had to have his left eye removed, so it will be interesting to see what the premiums go up to when its time to renew in a couple of months time!  AXA seems to be one that quite a lot of people are using at the moment.

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 06:26:56 PM »
I'm up to £40 a month with PetPlan for Brodie, aged five. They are excellent, I've got to say, but who knows what price I'll be paying when she is older. You also have to pay a percentage of each claim once they reach a certain age. I've claimed a LOT over the last year and they have been brilliant at paying, though. Not a single problem.

Think if I could choose again I'd go with AXA, I hear so many good things about them and their prices seem decent ;)

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Redked

• Donator
  • Beautiful Bonnie Boo (formerly The Destroyer)
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 06:39:22 PM »
We've gone with Axa for Bonnie. £11.46 per month, £7000 cover and £75 excess. Can't comment on their service because we haven't made a claim so far (everything crossed). Pet plan quote was £28 with only £4000 covered. :shades:

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 06:48:56 PM »
Kennel Club insurance - not sure how much I'm paying at the moment but I know it was half the amount Petplan wanted with a lower excess, no contribution and higher limit!  They are good but slow at paying out to the Vets ;)

The cat is and others have been insured with Petplan who have been excellent over the years.

Offline lisamg

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 07:09:57 PM »
We've also just signed up with AXA for Charlie at £15.36 per month. £7000 lifetime cover and £75 excess.  Fingers crossed it's the right move, you are right it's been so confusing!!