Author Topic: Direct line  (Read 1627 times)

Offline phoenix

• Donator
Direct line
« on: May 30, 2013, 09:51:49 AM »
I have stayed with Direct line for a couple of years, and have never had to claim. I have a renewal total of £45 for both dogs, which includes a discount for other insurance products we have with them and it doesnt have lifetime cover or dental treatment. I dread going through the quotes process, so far my 11 yr old comes up as too old too cover.
If I take the easy option to stay put, has anyone else  used Direct line and claimed ?
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline Millipede

Re: Direct line
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 10:20:38 AM »
I insured both my last cocker Della and now Millie with Direct Line. Had many claims for Della and didn't have a problem - took around 4 weeks for a claim to be paid from memory.

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 03:14:30 PM »
DIrect line just refused to pay my claim for Kook's anal gland op as she had her glands emptied by the vets on 2 occasions before the 12 month period where we had the problem and operation. Previous times I had assumed getting glands emptied was a fairly standard occurence not the start of a 'medical' condition. Am totally hacked off with it as have paid 637 for op and treatment this year on top of insurance ..................
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Offline LinziS

• Erin
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 07:51:22 PM »
DIrect line just refused to pay my claim for Kook's anal gland op as she had her glands emptied by the vets on 2 occasions before the 12 month period where we had the problem and operation. Previous times I had assumed getting glands emptied was a fairly standard occurence not the start of a 'medical' condition. Am totally hacked off with it as have paid 637 for op and treatment this year on top of insurance ..................

I was wondering about the same thing....Erin gets her anal glands emptied regularly and has been treated in the past for anal gland infections. She got her glands flushed last week and is to remain on antibiotics for a further 2 weeks. We were considering discussing her getting the op to remove them if she continues this way. We have never claimed for anything to do with her glands as it always been around the cost of our excess....maybe before we make the decision I should speak with the insurers....she is with axa.

I always thought the emptying etc was not required to be disclosed as a pre existing condition...her infection is like any other infection a dog may get

My dogs are heartbeats at my feet

Offline phoenix

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 08:08:37 PM »
There seem to be a lot of unwritten excuses and tricks with all of them. I was not impressed with the one that charged someone three excesses  for an op with three lumps, and the one that charged an excess for each repeated procedure on a lifetime condition which wasn't made clear in the terms. Now we have one that won't pay for the anal gland op  that had previously just been a routine maintenance procedure, unclaimed!
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.