Author Topic: Axa  (Read 6508 times)

Offline jasper_boy

• Jacob's Den
Re: Axa
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 09:07:11 PM »
Seems strange, Ellie's insurance expires in two weeks and today I've received her renewal, no mention of an alternative.  If it is the case then it will affect a lot of pet insurance providers as AXA underwrite a lot of them.

ETA:
have just seen this on their website:

New business pet insurance is no longer available from AXA. Existing customers, you can still receive the support you need until your policy expires.

Oh no does this mean we won't be able to renew our policy? Think Alberts policy runs out in october and we are having ongoing tests on his for liver problems

I think it means that the policy will continue unless you cancel it. So any ongoing conditions will be covered each year, unless you do not pay, then the policy will be cancelled. On all of the new renewals you will see, in bold, that it now says that if they are unable to take the first payment from the renewal then your policy will be cancelled.

Offline Maria

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 09:41:32 PM »
I read it differently, because all policies are annual, and needed annual renewal (with new premiums). So my interpretation is that if you currently have a policy, it will only last until renewal date -  but they will try and find alternatives, and indeed will be required to for those with existing conditions.....
As an aside up until a few days ago you could still get quotes , and I discovered that you could be living in the same road and have different quotes on the same dog, but one postcode cost over £100 more !

Offline airyfairy76

• Site Member
    • Facebook page: A Spaniel's Tail
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2013, 07:36:30 PM »
Was doing some reading on another forum, as Lottie is insured with Axa, but she is not due up for renewal until April next year.  It is all very misty at the moment, with al, of the following being possible options:

1. Axa will continue to insure all existing policy holders
2. Axa will continue to pay out for those with existing conditions
3. They will write to you with recommendations for other providers when your policy is up for renewal.  

Lottie doesn't have any problems yet (touch wood) but even when I did quotes as a 12 week old pup, they were the cheapest by far (the next cheapest with comparable cover was £6 a month more!) so this is all very vexing.  It must be very worrying for those with pets with existing conditions.

For those of you who have had more than one policy cycle, what happened at the end of the year? Did they just continue taking it from your account unless you cancelled it?

Offline abkb

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2013, 09:31:28 PM »
Was doing some reading on another forum, as Lottie is insured with Axa, but she is not due up for renewal until April next year.  It is all very misty at the moment, with al, of the following being possible options:

1. Axa will continue to insure all existing policy holders
2. Axa will continue to pay out for those with existing conditions
3. They will write to you with recommendations for other providers when your policy is up for renewal.  

Lottie doesn't have any problems yet (touch wood) but even when I did quotes as a 12 week old pup, they were the cheapest by far (the next cheapest with comparable cover was £6 a month more!) so this is all very vexing.  It must be very worrying for those with pets with existing conditions.

For those of you who have had more than one policy cycle, what happened at the end of the year? Did they just continue taking it from your account unless you cancelled it?

They did with my Molly for her previous policy;Sainsburys kept taking the monthly payment until I cancelled.

I have Finley with Axa at the mo, no claims. Has anyone thought about cancelling? I'm seriously considering it.
Karen, owned by Molly B the blue roan show cocker, D.O.B 02/08/2011, and Finley the orange and white show cocker, D.O.B 19/01/2013

Offline pam1

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2013, 10:59:40 AM »

I have Finley with Axa at the mo, no claims. Has anyone thought about cancelling? I'm seriously considering it.

I have Ollie and Poppy with Axa at the mo, with no claims, both new policies taken out beginning of June -I have decided to cancel the policies because if something does happen (and fingers crossed, touch wood it doesn't) ;) I don't want to be stuck with a company I haven't chosen.  >:( 
I have just been through the TopCashBack site and had a quote with morethan for £26 for both of them - lifetime cover - with £40 cash back, so I think I will change to that.
Pam, Oliver and Bertie

Offline airyfairy76

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2013, 01:13:43 PM »
Nicked from another forum...

Statement from Axa

Axa has announced it is no longer taking on new pet insurance customers. We have now received the following statement from Axa:

“After a strategic review of our business lines, we have decided to no longer offer pet insurance through AXA Direct and swiftcover.com, and focus on our core product lines of Home, Motor and Travel insurance. AXA will continue to provide cover for existing customers until a new insurer is secured. At the time of the switch over, existing customers will have their policies transferred to the new insurer who will continue to provide them with the same or similar levels of pet insurance cover. Customers will be contacted with more details before their policies are transferred.”

Our insurance doctor Neil Flint, from VIP, is working on getting the correct advice together and we will get this to those affected as soon as possible. Please do keep an eye on our page over the next few days.

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2013, 12:29:09 PM »
Ooh, just stumbled upon this and I'm glad I did!

I took out insurance with Axa last September and have made three separate claims and have had no problem being paid out (once I managed to get hold of a claim form). My renewal will come up in mid-September, but I'm due to have a check-up with the opthamologist (about £200) at the beginning of October. I assume that policies will be transferred, with the existing conditions covered, to a new provider. If not then I'm a bit screwed (well, hopefully Henry's eye condition won't have changed so won't require further treatment, but don't want to have to fork out £200 for a annual check-up).
Grrrr!

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2013, 12:32:12 PM »
PS. I'm not surprised, as their website hasn't offered pet insurance for ages. When I did my first claim back in March I couldn't find the links to the pet area and the links from my policy email didn't work.

Offline abkb

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2013, 08:20:34 PM »

I have Ollie and Poppy with Axa at the mo, with no claims, both new policies taken out beginning of June -I have decided to cancel the policies because if something does happen (and fingers crossed, touch wood it doesn't) ;) I don't want to be stuck with a company I haven't chosen.  >:( 
I have just been through the TopCashBack site and had a quote with morethan for £26 for both of them - lifetime cover - with £40 cash back, so I think I will change to that.

I've also just jumped ship and put Fin with John Lewis who Molly is with (should have done that in the first place!) £26 for the both of them per month on their plus cover £7.5k per year). Certainly wasn't going to stay with Axa and wait for them to place me with a different company. The man I spoke to at Axa sounded as if he'd done a fair few cancellations!
Karen, owned by Molly B the blue roan show cocker, D.O.B 02/08/2011, and Finley the orange and white show cocker, D.O.B 19/01/2013

Offline airyfairy76

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2013, 08:43:06 PM »
I've also just jumped ship and put Fin with John Lewis who Molly is with (should have done that in the first place!) £26 for the both of them per month on their plus cover £7.5k per year). Certainly wasn't going to stay with Axa and wait for them to place me with a different company. The man I spoke to at Axa sounded as if he'd done a fair few cancellations!

Don't know why it's so expensive for me - over £20 just for six month old Lottie on their plus cover!  As are most insurers  >:(

Offline abkb

• Donator
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2013, 08:54:47 PM »

Don't know why it's so expensive for me - over £20 just for six month old Lottie on their plus cover!  As are most insurers  >:(

Some of them are very silly, I guess it could depend on location (we're up North) but also keep shopping around. Also go through quidco who usually offer cash back  :blink:

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2013, 09:06:58 PM »
Hmmm.

I phoned and asked for a claim form only today due to Inky's Addisons. If they dump me it will be impossible to insure him with an ongoing condition.  :o Only diagnosed over the w/e  >:(
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2013, 08:37:07 AM »
I've just renewed my policy for Ellie (£15) with AXA and asked about existing customers - from what I was told they will honour existing customers and offer existing customers renewals.  I also asked about my other policies for the other dogs which renew in Jan 2014 and was told that they would offer a renewals when they are due.  Have to add that none of my dogs have existing conditions other than Lexi who has two unrelated eye problems.  It is only new business that they are not taking on.
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline ali2010

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2013, 02:15:31 PM »
Have just phoned AXA and they tell me that "Pet insurance is no longer available to new customers from AXA but if you already hold a policy with AXA then you can renew it", they are just not taking on new customers

Thats a relief!

Offline Holly Berry

• Donator
  • Today I’m going to be a b****r
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2013, 04:49:31 PM »
Have just phoned AXA and they tell me that "Pet insurance is no longer available to new customers from AXA but if you already hold a policy with AXA then you can renew it", they are just not taking on new customers

Thats a relief!

Perhaps they've had lots of upset customers and had a change of heart, because when the news first broke, they said they were pulling out of the market completely. Good news  :D
Rosie Cassie Lucy Poppy and Holly My Angels at the Bridge