Author Topic: More Than Insurance  (Read 1515 times)

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
More Than Insurance
« on: June 15, 2013, 12:19:56 PM »
I have just had the renewals through for Minnie and Dennis, who along with Rosie were insured with Sainsbury's. They have increased them both by around 15% and in addition, they now require you to pay the first 10% of any claim and £75. Just for the two of them was going to cost £41, with the extra excess to pay and £7500 per condition cover.

I decided to have a look around and have now switched to More Than who are charging £45 to cover ALL THREE dogs, with £12000 per year cover and only a £75 excess. No brainer I thought, so have cancelled Sainsbury and switched. We have never claimed anything for them and they have no pre conditions.  ;)

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: More Than Insurance
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 01:13:05 PM »
It certainly pays to shop around when your dogs don't have pre-existing medical conditions :D

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
Re: More Than Insurance
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 05:43:55 PM »
John, we were with MoreThan some years ago with our first GR - she turned out to have bilateral hip dysplasia, although they paid up for the original ops, they only covered the dog for any one condition for one year - so, when she got arthritis in her hips in later life they wouldn't have paid up for that.  Just check the small print that they cover the dogs for life.