Author Topic: Puppy Blues  (Read 4301 times)

Offline Jessh33

• My Ralphie Roo
Re: Puppy Blues
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2013, 12:20:26 PM »
It definitely does get better, Ralph is much better than he was, still bites a little but that's usually just when he's rather excited! Thankfully he loves his crate and his kong so is happy to be in there to give us some time out! He goes to training classes now and he loves it and being able to take him for slightly longer walks has helped too!

Most of the time now he's an adorable ball of mischievous fluff and very affectionate  :luv:

My boys at the bridge Ben 11/7/2002-11/4/2013 and Ozzy 7/9/2002-21/12/2013 - they left their paw prints on my heart xxx

Offline HBP

• Hudson Bramble
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2013, 12:24:27 PM »
Reading this has made me breathe a HUGE sigh of relief!
I joined the forum this morning to seek out some "consistent" advice
for my eleven week old puppy Alfie! I was beginning to wonder if I was a
terrible parent or maybe Alfie was just a devil dog lol! He's so loving and always comes for snuggles and kisses but sometimes, well a lot of the time, he's jumping and biting and growling and barking and has bitten so hard that he's ripped clothing!
After reading these comments I'm realising that it's normal and I'm not alone lol so thanks everyone and best of luck with ur little monsters xxx Claire xxx

It does make a massive difference knowing that your 'puppy from hell' is in fact just a normal (if there is such a thing) cocker spaniel puppy.
Murphy is behaving much better at the moment, though far from perfect,  and looks a much happier puppy too. A regular walk in the woods and a good play with other dogs helps a lot. By 8pm he is out for the count.

Though now I can't seem to walk more than a couple of steps without Murphy latching onto my leg and humping >:(

I felt exactly the same! Isn't COL brilliant.

Offline Alfiepops

« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2013, 01:24:32 PM »
Yes I am also learning that long walks and playing with other dogs helps! We have just returned from a run around on the common with my friends 6 month old lab! Now, after paw wash in sink, Alfie is fast asleep on sofa looking every bit the angel I'm sure he really is inside lol! Xxx

Offline Alfiepops

« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2013, 02:56:19 PM »
Hi HBP looked at ur prof pic and omg ur puppy looks so much like my Alfie haha! Could be twins! Yup thank goodnes I stumbled upon COL! Xxx

Offline HBP

• Hudson Bramble
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2013, 03:01:06 PM »
Hi HBP looked at ur prof pic and omg ur puppy looks so much like my Alfie haha! Could be twins! Yup thank goodnes I stumbled upon COL! Xxx

Aaah just seen yours! Another black and tan  :luv: Mine is much bigger than that now! Xx

Offline Alfiepops

« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2013, 07:25:15 PM »
Heehee yeah Alfie's a bit bigger now too I will see if I can post a pic, hmmmmm have no idea how to do this lol xxx