Author Topic: Best insurance...if there is there such a thing?  (Read 6116 times)

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
Re: Best insurance...if there is there such a thing?
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2013, 12:34:22 PM »
I'm not sure, I tried to find out on their website but couldn't see clear answer to that... Will have to get her paperwork out. Either way, I still don't think £4000 is anywhere near enough.

x In memory of Barney x

Offline QuaCKeReD

• Pebbles Puddleduck
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2013, 01:14:54 PM »
Just called PP;

The vet bill amount is total amount claimable each year of cover
There is no limit, on the covered for life policies, per condition

Sounds good, and the lady I spoke to stated that PP will never up premiums based on previous claims (I asked) - only increase will be due to vet costs, etc.

At £28pm (quoted with the 10% discount) for the £7000 cover, it is a little high compared to some others, but the knowledge that we wont be hit by a high renewal if we ever needed to claim is swaying me!

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2013, 05:05:33 PM »
Great thread, but one thing I would be interested in knowing is when it comes to shopping around at renewal, do you have to declare every vet visit you have made even though not claimed?  For instance eye / ear infections?

I would hate to change insurers then want to make a claim but the vet say that I saw them 2 years ago with a similar problem (even though I never made a claim?)

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2013, 05:34:08 PM »
Great thread, but one thing I would be interested in knowing is when it comes to shopping around at renewal, do you have to declare every vet visit you have made even though not claimed?  For instance eye / ear infections?

I would hate to change insurers then want to make a claim but the vet say that I saw them 2 years ago with a similar problem (even though I never made a claim?)

If I am remembering right I believe they go by your vet's records, so yes, I think you would have problems if you tried to claim at some point in the future :-\.

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2013, 05:37:56 PM »
mmm thought so, stuck then really with who you are with!!!

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2013, 09:50:03 PM »
Mine are with Healthy Pets, I've claimed a huge amount for Tilly over the years - around £10k - and never had a problem or a quibbled claim with them. The gold level cover is up to £7500 per condition per year - there's no limit on the number of conditions - it's lifetime cover and they cover alternative therapies etc. Tilly's had hydrotherapy on them. The premiums have gone up but they started off very low; I pay about £90/month for all 3 of them which is pretty good considering Ro and Tills have been insured with them for about 6 years now and I've claimed so much for Tills. I also have separate working insurance for Ro and Caoimhe as thir normal policies don't cover accidents on shoots/roughshooting etc.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2013, 11:47:46 PM »
I'm with John Lewis (renewal due 29 Sept) and they paid out very promptly for grass seed removal.  I'm currently waiting (with baited breath) after claiming for Toby's recent tummy problem, which was eventually diagnosed as gastro enteritis.  He had this condition before but I didn't claim (was with a different insurer then) so John Lewis could refuse to pay if they choose to class this as an ongoing condition, even though the vet has confirmed this recent episode is unrelated to the previous one.  Also expecting a big increase in premiums too.

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline QuaCKeReD

• Pebbles Puddleduck
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2013, 07:51:17 AM »
mmm thought so, stuck then really with who you are with!!!

This is my thinking - hence wanting to find 'best' one from start (best not necessarily cheapest!)

Offline QuaCKeReD

• Pebbles Puddleduck
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2013, 07:54:11 AM »
I'm with John Lewis (renewal due 29 Sept) and they paid out very promptly for grass seed removal.  I'm currently waiting (with baited breath) after claiming for Toby's recent tummy problem, which was eventually diagnosed as gastro enteritis.  He had this condition before but I didn't claim (was with a different insurer then) so John Lewis could refuse to pay if they choose to class this as an ongoing condition, even though the vet has confirmed this recent episode is unrelated to the previous one.  Also expecting a big increase in premiums too.

Be interested to know if you have a big increase  :-\

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2013, 11:40:22 AM »

I'll let you know.  I was hoping for the renewal notice by now to give me time to find a different insurer if the increase is very high. 

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2013, 08:14:02 PM »
Just a wee update on my previous post...

We've just had Chaz's renewal in from Animal Friends.

The premium for the coming year is £207-84, an increase of £17-84 over the previous year's £190.

So, at £17-52 per month equivalent we'll be sticking with them  ;).

Bob.

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2013, 12:41:26 PM »

I'll let you know.  I was hoping for the renewal notice by now to give me time to find a different insurer if the increase is very high. 

John Lewis premiums up from £12.97 to £18.10 a month so I suppose not too bad.  (Vet posted claim form for gastro enteritis two weeks ago and today JL have said they haven't received them so if they had that might have increased the premiums more).