Author Topic: yumega oil  (Read 1031 times)

Offline helen1

• Site Member
yumega oil
« on: October 09, 2013, 03:15:02 PM »
Anyone give this to their pets?
Whats exactly in it that thickens the coat and helps stop shedding?

Are there cheaper alternatives that anyone gives. My two moult like mad....
??
Loves my family and dog Bailey more than life its self

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
Re: yumega oil
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 03:58:50 PM »
I've been giving it to Charlie for a while (we've used one bottle and I've just got the second one).

I was very sceptical...but I think I see improvement. I don't think it's thickened his coat as such, but the thinner parts of his coat are certainly looking healthier :).
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 04:58:16 PM »
I've been giving it to my two show types for about 3 years now. They have full coats - not clipped.  Took about 6 weeks to see improvement so don't expect immediate changes. I find it makes their coats more silky and manageable as well as glossy/shiny.  Some people use salmon oil which may/not have a similar effect. I won't be changing product, though   Don't know which ingredient does what but yumega is flax oil with starflower oil.
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline lettie10

• Jazz & Bailey
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 08:38:16 PM »
I use it on both mine and have def noticed a reduction of moulting.  I used to regularly have black tumbleweeds of hair in corners all the time but much less now.

I have only just started to give it to Bailey since she turned 1 as it doesn't actually say at what age you can give it so wasn't sure if it was ok for pups??

You only need a small amount each day so it does last quite well.
"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Offline butterflywings21

• Tilly 10/02/2013~Jenson 09/01/2019
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 08:43:52 PM »
Tilly has had this since she was 10 weeks old. The vet recommended it for her as she had very bad dry flaky skin, she couldn't stop scratching. She is still on it and her skin is better and her coat is so soft and shiny.

Offline Sara_Clara

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 02:41:48 PM »
Thumbs up for it here too.  Pebbles has taken it for over a year now and it really helps with the itching problem she had.  She is on the Yumega Plus though.
Puppy Colour: Chocolate Sable Roan
Puppy DOB: 25.02.24
Puppy Name: Murphy
Mummy Name:  Sara