Author Topic: Liverpool Victoria Insurance  (Read 2295 times)

Offline abzy0309

Liverpool Victoria Insurance
« on: October 14, 2013, 01:04:56 PM »
Hi everyone.

Is anyone with LV Pet insurance? We've just changed our car insurance and they've offered us a discount on pet Insurance. We do have it already with PetPlan but this quote is coming in £10 per month cheaper. It is their 'premier policy' too.

Anyone have any experience of LV pet insurance?

Thanks  :D

Abbie & Reggie

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
Re: Liverpool Victoria Insurance
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 05:19:46 PM »
If it's a lifetime policy then it might be worthwhile as LV are one of the best insurance companies according to Which?.  PetPlan cover your dog for life and are a decent company.

Offline Maria

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 12:07:05 PM »
It doesn't read as a lifetime policy with annual limits to me , it has limits per condition (over lifetime)?

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 12:53:37 PM »
I'm with LV for my car, buildings and contents insurances and think they're very good. My dogs are insured with NFU (National Farmer's Union) but that's not because I think the LV Insurance may be poor, but simply because a friend who had made loads of claims on her 2 Cockers recommended NFU to me when William was a puppy.

Looking at the 2 policies offered by LV the expensive one looks to offer lifetime cover,so no age limit for your dog, and £5K per condition during the dog's lifetime. So if your dog had an ongoing condition such as Dry Eye you'd be able to claim year after year until you'd exhausted the £5K. That would apply for each and every condition, so £5K per condition.

£5K is probably plenty enough for most lifetime conditions (William has Dry Eye and his 6 monthly check ups and daily eye ointment tot up to about £200 per year) but I'd be concerned that it might not be enough to cover something really major such as spinal surgery and then follow up therapies, or surgery and chemotherapy for cancer. But it's impossible to predict things like that.

Offline abzy0309

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 01:45:30 PM »
Thank you for your advice.

I have printed both my existing policy off and then the quote and I am going to compare them... It is an amazing saving plus I can get cash back through an my employment benefit scheme. I already have my car insurance with them too.

Decisions, decisions  :dunno:

Abbie & Reggie