Author Topic: Axa Insurance - to claim or not?  (Read 1891 times)

Offline Jan D

• Roxy & Bobby
Axa Insurance - to claim or not?
« on: October 14, 2013, 03:57:07 PM »
As som of you may be aware, Bobby has a lump on his neck which the vet thinks is an abscess caused by a foreign body. We are taking him for another check this evening but as the lump hasn't changed following a few days of anti-biotics it is very likely he will have to have an op to remove whatever is in there.

He is one of those unfortunates who is insured with Axa. His insurance will be due for renewal in mid Nov. So...my question is this - do we claim for the cost of this op (hopefully relatively minor and not toooo expensive) from Axa...or do we foot the bill ourselves? Hopefully it's nothing that is likely to require ongoing treatment but who knows? I would imagine that reading some of the horror stories on here his insurance will jump upwith Axa from the £17 a month we are currently paying but if we claim how much of an effect will this have on premiums with other companies?

What would you do?
Roxy b.19.05.10  Bobby b.21.08.11
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs think I am.

Offline LinziS

• Erin
Re: Axa Insurance - to claim or not?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 04:30:10 PM »
I would imagine that regardless wether you claim or not for this op from axa if it turns out to be something ongoing then it will have an effect on going with another provider as it will still be on your dogs medical record. I would go ahead with the op....await any results etc and depending on cost and prognosis then decide if you going to claim or not. If it turns out a minor op which is not expensive and no long term issues  then I would just pay for it...otherwise I would claim if it was going to be expensive. It really does depend on the outcome of this op .

Hope Bobby gets sorted out quickly xx

My dogs are heartbeats at my feet

Offline Jan D

• Roxy & Bobby
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 04:49:29 PM »
Just wondering - what would be the advantage of paying ourselves - as you said Linzi - it will still be on his record. Part of me thinks we are better off claiming from Axa either way...
Roxy b.19.05.10  Bobby b.21.08.11
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs think I am.

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 05:03:35 PM »
Yes, it will be on his record so it really doesn't matter if you claim or not - if it turns out to be an ongoing issue then future insurers won't cover it either way.

Hope the op goes well if it goes ahead :luv:

x In memory of Barney x