Author Topic: Insurance query  (Read 2233 times)

Offline mitches

Insurance query
« on: December 24, 2013, 02:55:27 PM »
Our puppy came with 4 weeks KC insurance which runs out beg of Jan.
She got microchipped yesterday which included 4 weeks free insurance. (Allanz Insurance, policy says up to £1000 for illnesses and injuries)
I was going to get her new insurance when the KC one runs out, or will the insurance she got yesterday be ok for a few more weeks?

Many thanks in advance.

Offline MANDYANDALFIE

Re: Insurance query
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 04:02:24 PM »
My only comment re the Allianz insurance would be that £1000 isn't a lot of cover for vets fees these days.  Alfie suffered a broken leg which cost about £4000 and prior to that he had a bad reaction to his first vacs which cost a few hundred for a weekend on a drip in the vet's hospital. Both completely unforeseen and both thankfully covered by his insurance.

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 07:15:01 PM »
KC insurance is good. All my other pets have been insured through Petplan (who are excellent) but KC was about half the price.  Sadly I've had need to use the insurance - they pay out fairly quickly, direct to the vets and don't seem to ask as many questions as Petplan  ;)

Jayne

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 11:01:35 AM »
Check through on here for previous threads re lifetime cover and amounts insured for.

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 07:36:25 PM »
£1000 cover is nowhere near enough if you have a serious claim. Danny cost £8k and we had £6K cover, Fudge cost £5k and we had £7.5K

Fortunately our current 3 have had no claims  :D

Offline PennyB

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 07:51:00 PM »
KC insurance is good. All my other pets have been insured through Petplan (who are excellent) but KC was about half the price.  Sadly I've had need to use the insurance - they pay out fairly quickly, direct to the vets and don't seem to ask as many questions as Petplan  ;)

Jayne

My vets put my forms through for petplan so all I do is sign the form so not a lot in it and payment is straight to my vets and as others suggest 1000 is nothing in this day - cost 3000 for my cat re his fibrosarcoma. Petplan are very good/quick at paying out but there are also other insurances which are cheaper and you get more than 1000.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline mitches

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 10:11:22 PM »
Thanks for all the advice. I will renew her insurance once the KC one runs out.
Elaine :)