Author Topic: judge not submitting critique  (Read 2094 times)

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
judge not submitting critique
« on: November 19, 2013, 06:53:34 PM »
I was at a show earlier in the year and I've been waiting for the critique, however after contracting dog world today the judge hasn't submitted one (he did the whole gundog group as well!).

Anyway is there any way I could contact him to ask if he has it? (I.e. is there a list of contract details for judges somewhere?) I did look on the KC site but there were 3 with his name and I didn't see kennel names to find the correct one.

Shame as he appears a lot in searches of gun dog judging
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
Re: judge not submitting critique
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 08:41:52 PM »
Sadly there are quite a few judges that do not submit critiques or they are too late to make the papers

We have a number that we are waiting for  >:(

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline linda c

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 06:13:54 PM »
Agree. when I used to show some of the critiques never went in, having asked a judge at another show had they submitted one for a certain show, they replied yes they had and it was sent in time but never printed  :huh:

Offline sueneil

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 07:36:44 PM »
When accepting a judging appointment judges are usually required to sign a contract with the society offering the appointment. This usually requests that the judge submits a critique.
It is disappointing when judges fail to do this. I also know from experience that sometimes critiques don't get printed; sometimes they appear to have been abbreviated and sometimes they appear a long time after submission- especially in the busier show periods. The dog press does prefer submissions within their deadlines- not unreasonable.

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 10:32:17 PM »
This particular judge definitely hasn't submitted one to Dog World. I've contacted Our Dogs to see if it's been submitted, but I'm waiting to hear back.
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)