Author Topic: Greeting People  (Read 1187 times)

Offline ~Jilly~

• Site Member
Greeting People
« on: June 13, 2005, 07:40:11 PM »
Bella is a really happy, friendly little girl and seems to love absolutely everyone and I am very proud of the way she greets people - if someone comes to sat hello, she justsits down in front of them and lets them fuss her, often giving them her paw or a sloppy kiss!

Most people seem to love her too, but who can blame them ;)

The one and only drawback to this is that not everyone wants to say hello to her and she doesn't appreciate that! When she see's someone approaching or walking by she will look at them all waggy tail but if they don't come over or stop to say hello she barks at them :ph34r: as if to say 'hello, haven't you seen me down here?!'

What is the best way to teach her that she can't always say hello to everyone?

Offline LoveCatz

• Site Member
Greeting People
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 07:45:07 PM »
That is such a good question because Pepsi is exactly the same except she will try to jump up at them or follow them! Of course I I do my best to restrain her as not everyone wants cocker kisses, especially small children.

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Greeting People
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 09:58:25 PM »
This is one of the things I have been working on with Molo using the long line - I've always said that he wants to make friends with anything thats got legs  :lol:

He is much better now; I can recall him on a loose line away from someone who is ignoring him; unless they have a dog  :rolleyes:  If they make eye contact however, hes off  :lol:
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline clairep4

• Site Member
  • The Two Muppeteers!
    • Chow Bella Pet Bowls
Greeting People
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 10:36:46 PM »
My Bella used to be like this - we'd walk her in a busy London park and the first few times that people just walked past without saying hello she just sat there looking after them with complete disbelief on her face. It was as if she was thinking, "do you know who I AM? I am Miss Bella! Say hello this instant!"  :lol:  :lol:

We just ignored her and she gradually got over it and now ignores most people in the parks (unless of course they're sitting down next to a less-than-friendly bull terrier, of course  ;)  :o ).

I do think cocker pups seem to know how pretty they are. Bella has got an Elizabethan collar on at the moment to stop her messing with the bite from the bull terrier and she went and looked at herself in our chrome fire guard - NOT impressed!
Claire, Bella & Zorro - the two muppeteers!
Tellington TTouch Practitioner P1
www.tellingtontouch.org.uk

Offline ~Jilly~

• Site Member
Greeting People
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 10:38:43 PM »
"do you know who I AM? I am Miss Bella! Say hello this instant!"  :lol:  :lol:
[snapback]131922[/snapback]

that's exactly it :lol:

Offline ~Jilly~

• Site Member
Greeting People
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 10:41:20 PM »
This is one of the things I have been working on with Molo using the long line - I've always said that he wants to make friends with anything thats got legs  :lol:

He is much better now; I can recall him on a loose line away from someone who is ignoring him; unless they have a dog  :rolleyes:  If they make eye contact however, hes off  :lol:
[snapback]131918[/snapback]

that sounds like Bella too, she loves everyone ;)

I had her on lead today when she was doing it and we were in the pet shop, it was a little embarassing :ph34r: we were in the queue and when anyone walked passed without saying hello she'd bark at them :huh:

I think she does know how beautiful she is but then everyone constantly tells her so that's no surprise :P

Offline Annette

• Site Member
Greeting People
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 12:16:22 PM »
Bella has got an Elizabethan collar on at the moment to stop her messing with the bite from the bull terrier and she went and looked at herself in our chrome fire guard - NOT impressed!
[snapback]131922[/snapback]

But have you not told her that it's named after a QUEEN? :P  Her little highness would love that!