Author Topic: Insurance rant.  (Read 4663 times)

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
Insurance rant.
« on: April 03, 2014, 12:50:17 PM »
So its insurance renewal time  >:(

Ruby who is 6 is with Argos, Platinum Cover, which was £50 per month. With £65 excess.

The renewal is now £68.55 per month, bloody outrageous  >:D we only claimed for a grass seed removable with sedation last year.

Just needed to rant people, am looking elsewhere.

Petplan wont offer cover for life because of her age.......really !!!   :o
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline janandted

• Donator
Re: Insurance rant.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 02:30:37 PM »
What about John Lewis ??  :shades:

Offline Poppypuppy09

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 03:41:30 PM »
That's terrible.....some of these companies really make me  >:D

There are good and bad stories for each and every one of them....I have Poppy and Carrie my springy with More Than. Pops had to have a partial tail amputation a couple of years ago due to breaking it which More Than paid out for but never increased the premium as it was an accident, just as a grass seed is really  :huh:

Currently my Springy has been having investigations on her legs at Langford, More Than have paid up promptly for this and as she now has to have a double arthroscopy on her elbows they have agreed to pay Langford directly....what her renewal will end up being, which is in June I dread to think but will let you know!  ;)

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 06:10:53 PM »
I'm with John Lewis for both of my dogs and they have been fine.  Henry has Epilepsy and his medication costs £62.43 per month.  He also had Pancreatitis and that claim was for almost £200.  His cost at renewal only went up by £3.00 per month to £35.00.  He has lifelong cover with £10,000 vet't fees.

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 07:04:25 PM »
I'm with John Lewis too Toni.  Two claims made which went through smoothly and only a small increase at renewal. xx

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 09:29:43 PM »
i am stuck with tesco for poppy (staffie) because of her age (£36 per month) but Gemma is with pets at home (£19 per month) with life long cover and £7000 cover per illness
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 10:29:01 PM »
We are still looking around...John Lewis was one we were considering Jan but where ever we go we wont be able to cover her eyes because of the referral to an ophthalmologist a couple of years ago.....which didnt diagnose a condition but i bet she wont be covered by a new insurer.

I also think age is a factor in price so those that are kind enough to give info on their insurance price it would be great to know your dogs age too.  :blink:
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 11:15:04 PM »
Just had Milly's renewal in from Animal friends. Up to £206 for the year, about a 10% increase on last year. That's for a lifetime policy, £7k limit.

We've been with them for three years, ever since we got Milly and claimed just over £1k in total mostly for an ophthalmologist to zap some extra eyelashes (Distichiasis) under a general anaesthetic and annual eye checkups to make sure every things still ok.

Quite happy with their service and prices and have renewed for another year.

Bob.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 07:37:00 PM »
Poppy's tesco renewal letter has just come, it has gone up from £35 per month to £49. a rethink here is needed as to pay or not. she is over 12 years so i know i wont get it cheaper. we have never claimed , that is the galling bit
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Maria

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2014, 10:09:31 PM »
That's interesting, we moved Charlie to Petplan last summer, on a for life policy, and he was at least 6 then......

Offline Redked

• Donator
  • Beautiful Bonnie Boo (formerly The Destroyer)
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2014, 10:25:12 PM »
We have just swapped Bonnie from Axa to John Lewis. Such a minefield but we had to move from Axa whilst she's still young even though the renewal hadnt gone up because of their history (think it was Sophieblueroan who had a 600% increase with Axa!). Whoever you choose, there is the same risk and with insurers not covering 'pre existing' conditions it really is a case of fingers crossed that who you choose will not do the same as Axa have done. Insurance is supposed to give you peace of mind but the reality is far from it  >:(

Offline PennyB

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2014, 11:21:16 PM »
I recently got cover for life for a 9 year old working cocker with More Than, which is £105 excess + 10% for about £21 (& 12,000 vet fees)

am surprised re petplan though - I couldn't get a for life policy for the 9 year old but would've thought a 6 year old would (have you spoken to them - I didn't as I just did it online which can sometimes be inflexible)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Poppypuppy09

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2014, 10:56:26 AM »
That's terrible.....some of these companies really make me  >:D

There are good and bad stories for each and every one of them....I have Poppy and Carrie my springy with More Than. Pops had to have a partial tail amputation a couple of years ago due to breaking it which More Than paid out for but never increased the premium as it was an accident, just as a grass seed is really  :huh:

Currently my Springy has been having investigations on her legs at Langford, More Than have paid up promptly for this and as she now has to have a double arthroscopy on her elbows they have agreed to pay Langford directly....what her renewal will end up being, which is in June I dread to think but will let you know!  ;)

Well the renewal has come in and it's only gone up around £20! Fair play More Than  ;)

Offline JamiesGirl

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2014, 11:23:31 AM »
It's silly isn't it? I couldn't find anyone who would cover Jamie for live for a reasonable price and he was 7 at the time, 8 now. I will have a look see at More Than again I think!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
🐾 Jamie's Girl - Sara 🐾

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2014, 06:06:52 PM »
staffy poppy, 12 years old.
 have just changed to More than. £3000 cover for £29 per month. excess £125
2011 - 2023 

----