Author Topic: Which companies cover older dogs ?  (Read 2241 times)

Offline Darwin

Which companies cover older dogs ?
« on: April 11, 2014, 02:47:50 PM »
Darwin is only 5yrs, but part of my quest to find a new insurances company (switching from Axa) is to find a company we can stick with, as up to now we've been lucky enough to be able to jump from company to another and find a great deal each time.

So the question is which companies insure older dogs?   I know at the moment Sainsbury's  won't offer insurance for dogs older than 9years

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
Re: Which companies cover older dogs ?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 03:02:17 PM »
You need a company that offers life long cover, Petplan are good.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline JamiesGirl

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 03:11:33 PM »
Most don't offer insurance over 8 years but if you can get a life time cover now then he'll be covered for life unless you change insurers :) pet plan are brilliant if you can look past the price.
🐾 Jamie's Girl - Sara 🐾

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 03:54:17 PM »
Sainsbury are underwritten by the same group as pet plan. Alianz. It costs me £65 per month for my three

Sainsbury used to be with AXA

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 04:08:01 PM »
I'm with NFU Mutual and have been since William was a puppy. They're not the cheapest, but their lifetime cover means the whole life of the dog and they also cover medical conditions for the lifetime of the dog. Some policies will only pay for a condition for 1 year or up to a monetary limit and the owner has to pay after that.

William and Louis are both insured with them and so is my friend's 12 year old Golden Retriever, who has back problems. She has regular hydrotherapy and acupuncture to help keep her mobile and pain free, and has been claiming for them, plus medication, since diagnosis of the back problem. Her premiums are about £100 per month now and excess is £200 for new conditions. But that's not bad considering that my friend claims at least £1,500 per year for the hydrotherapy and acupuncture, with no excess to pay on it since the first claim 4 years ago. So she's claiming more than she pays and could still claim for any new conditions too.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 10:54:42 PM »
have just been looking for insurance for 12 year old staffie poppy.
 tesco renewal this year is £49 , up from £35.
 More Than has come up with £3000  cover for £30  :dance04:. (tesco cover was for £2000).

guess i shall be changing then  esp as also get cash back from going via quidco( up to £45)
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----