Author Topic: Animal Friends  (Read 2139 times)

Offline Darwin

Animal Friends
« on: April 23, 2014, 12:14:09 PM »
Still trying to decided.
Anyone got any feedback on Animal Friends ?

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
Re: Animal Friends
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 05:24:35 PM »
We are with Animal Friends..... We haven't had any problems with them as such but you do have to read the small print carefully!
There have been a couple of occasions where they have not paid the full amount of the claim but when queried, it is always because of something correct that I had missed in the small print if that makes sense!
MIL is with Buddies pet insurance and her elderly dog has had  many health problems over the years.  She has never had any problems with them and her vet claims directly from the insurance company.  However, they are more expensive.
As we have 4 dogs insured, we do have to keep an eye on the cost and as mentioned, we have not had any problems with Animal Friends.

Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
Re: Animal Friends
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 11:13:04 PM »
We insured Milly with Animal Friends when we got her from a rescue at 7 months old. Several months later she was diagnosed with an eye condition which needed the services of an ophthalmologist to correct followed by a few months of eye drops and checkups.
Animal friends paid for everything apart from our excess and even spotted a slight mistake, to our disadvantage, the vet had made to the bill. Once this was cleared up by a phone call the full amount of just under £1k was in our account within a few days.
When we got Chaz we insured him with Animal Friends as well, received a discount for insuring two dogs with them and have been with them ever since. A fraction over £200 for Milly and £190 for Chaz, both on a £7k lifetime policy.

I've always found them easy to deal with and really helpful.

Bob.