Author Topic: Axa taken over by NCI  (Read 2799 times)

Offline carol b

• Site Member
Axa taken over by NCI
« on: September 18, 2014, 11:34:00 AM »
Just got new price for my two dogs, the 5 year old was £20 odd and the 8 year old £30 odd last year with AXa.  NCI want £30 for the 5 year old and £3037 for the 8 year and no I haven't missed a dot out.  Now of course I will have to go elsewhere and she won't be covered for the things I have had to claim for.  I am so angry and upset about this as we won't have the cover we may needi when we may need it most. 

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
Re: Axa taken over by NCI
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 11:59:43 AM »
Carol, are last years prices per month or year? If its yearly it sounds very cheap. We are with Sainsbury's Insurance, which is backed by Alianz, who also do Pet Plan. Last year I paid £65 a month for all three of mine, renewal this year is £69 a month for all three. They are 2, 4 & 6 years old.

Offline carol b

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 12:14:52 PM »
Last years prices were 20 and 30 per month.  Now it is 30 a month for one and 3037 a year for the other.  The problem is as well she is now 8.5 and no one will no one will cover  anything she has had treated even if say a fatty lump came up on a different part of her body.  Petplan will only do the essential yearly plan for her not lifelong which she has at the moment.  I have always known that as she got older her insurance would be more but I have never claimed for any ongoing problems like arthritis or diabetes which is why I am so cross.  I would just say to anyone with a dog coming up to 8 who are still with Axa change it whilst you can.

Offline LinziS

• Erin
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 05:50:17 PM »
Oh not good news at all...I am going to be in same position. My girls will be 3 and 9 when their policy is up for renewal in December . Time to start getting some alternative quotes I think >:D

My dogs are heartbeats at my feet

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 06:53:09 PM »
That's appalling. Have you asked them what their justification is for increasing the premium so much?

William was 10 and Louis 5 when their insurance renewal came up in August and theirs decreased slightly because the age related increase in William's premium was less than the discount they gave for making no new claims. I pay £50 per month for William and £22 per month for Louis. William's excess has gone up a lot to £130 per new claim but unlike many insurances I don't have to pay a percentage of the remaining bill as well as the excess. Neither do I have to pay the excess anew each year for existing conditions that I claim for regularly (eye check ups and Optimmune ointment for Dry Eye and acupuncture every couple of months for his back).