Author Topic: My head is spinning  (Read 3461 times)

Offline phoenix

• Donator
My head is spinning
« on: May 30, 2015, 08:49:09 AM »
My renewal quote is more than I pay for a Landrover Freelander with 4 named drivers.  I have never claimed on the dog policy!
Ihave ploughed through comparison sites, and am getting more confused.
Does anyone know of a policy that gives a good annual vet fee policy, without all the trimmings of holiday cancellation, death benefits etc?
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Online MIN

• GEMMA
Re: My head is spinning
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 09:51:09 AM »
tesco will cancel those off the policy if you just want basic cover. I found that out when i went to cancel due to being too expensive. Gemma is with Pets at home £22 per month with good cover.
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline phoenix

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 10:39:45 AM »
I've read a lot of unhappy reviews of Tesco that put me off. I'll look at Pet plan. Up to £25 is fine, if the medical insurance is ok.  Esure and Agria are promising. My current quote is nearly £40, no claims , prob just because he is 8! And a £160 excess.   And the old game on 'don't worry, we'll renew it for you, just don't look at how much we've increased it by!'
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 11:59:03 AM »
I know quite a few people who have found deals through Bought By Many https://boughtbymany.com/offers/cocker-spaniel-insurance/

Offline phoenix

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 04:42:21 PM »
Thank you Elaine!
 That website can halve my premium!     They've got an offer with MoreThan which has 29% off till the end of May.  There are good and bad reviews of all companies, so you take a chance with any of them.
So the power of Col strikes again!

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 10:04:25 AM »
I'm with PAH and have found them to be good - so far!

Offline PennyB

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 10:56:51 AM »
Make sure its a for life policy though and not the cheaper 12 months only ones
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline phoenix

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 01:36:24 PM »
That is something I discussed with one the companies. I pointed out that a life policy on a healthy  nine year old costs more than for a one year old.  The one year old need  may cover for the lifelong condition for another 12 years, whereas the 9 year old may  only have a pay out condition for 4 yrs.  So why should the premium be initially so much more?

Offline PennyB

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 03:43:40 PM »
In theory they have more claims for oldies so they use that probability despite your dog being healthy - my cat had never used any of his insurance till he was 12 then we used up about 5000 of it
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!