Author Topic: Animal Friends Insurance.  (Read 3682 times)

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
Animal Friends Insurance.
« on: August 27, 2015, 11:58:02 PM »
Earlier on this year I posted about Milly's insurance with Animal friends going up by just 2p for the year.

Chaz's renewal notice has just arrived and, despite a claim for £496-02 earlier in the year for the surgical removal of a Histiocytoma, the renewal at £214-20 is exactly the same as it has been for the past two years.

Needless to say his insurance has been renewed  ;)

Bob.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Animal Friends Insurance.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 12:21:45 AM »
Earlier on this year I posted about Milly's insurance with Animal friends going up by just 2p for the year.

Chaz's renewal notice has just arrived and, despite a claim for £496-02 earlier in the year for the surgical removal of a Histiocytoma, the renewal at £214-20 is exactly the same as it has been for the past two years.

Needless to say his insurance has been renewed  ;)

Bob.

That is good to know that there are some insurance firms not hell bent on making a profit - Minstrel's is due for renewal in Sept., may well have a look into it.  :D
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 08:29:39 AM »
Good news, we are with Animal friends for the first time.

Offline Fluff

• Donator
  • Daisy the whirling dervish
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 09:23:49 AM »
Just be aware; someone on another forum I frequent had their premium QUADRUPLED from £45 to £172 a month after she had been with them six years. They did battle with them but couldn't get them to reduce the premium, meaning thy had to go elsewhere with pre-existing conditions on their record. I wonder if it's increasingly common practice to hold premiums steady for a couple of years and then shoot them up, when people are more likely to be tied in as going elsewhere would mean their dog had exclusions. We were with John Lewis for two years, and the premium didn't change, but it shot up in the third year despite us never claiming. We are with PetPlan now, and I know that their premiums do increase yearly but only slightly, and they don't bump them up suddenly, even if you have claimed.

It's such a murky business!

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 04:00:27 PM »
I think just about every insurance company out there has good and bad points as well as people who have had good and bad experiences with them. Mostly the bad experiences are highlighted but, when good service is encountered, I think it's only fair that mention should be made of this as well.
My experiences with Animal Friends have, over the past five/six years with two cocker spaniels, been overwhelmingly positive and they'll continue to get my custom as long as that remains the case.

There are often queries about the cost of insurance on here and I merely quote my experiences in the hope that they may provide an idea of costs and a starting point for those making their own enquiries.

Bob.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 06:23:40 PM »
I think just about every insurance company out there has good and bad points as well as people who have had good and bad experiences with them. Mostly the bad experiences are highlighted but, when good service is encountered, I think it's only fair that mention should be made of this as well.
My experiences with Animal Friends have, over the past five/six years with two cocker spaniels, been overwhelmingly positive and they'll continue to get my custom as long as that remains the case.

There are often queries about the cost of insurance on here and I merely quote my experiences in the hope that they may provide an idea of costs and a starting point for those making their own enquiries.

Bob.

atm I am paying over £420 per year for Minstrel's alone, with PetPlan, so I will certainly be looking into Animal Friends when my two come up for renewal. Thanks Bob
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 08:44:27 PM »
My yearly premium has risen about £3-4 in 7 years with AF

Mind you I have a healthy mule (touch wood) my pet name for Ollie is Muffin :D

Julie
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline PennyB

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 09:54:50 PM »
premiums will often not rise because of claims but usually greed - I have 10 pets and to be honest one dog has broken the insurance company several times and still his premium is the same as another dog that has had no claims (same with my cats)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!