Author Topic: John Lewis  (Read 3212 times)

Offline jonnytrabant

John Lewis
« on: September 02, 2015, 08:38:17 AM »
Changed to JL two years ago after Pet Plan rocketed after Harrys first year. We got better cover with JL and it was £15 as opposed to £26 with PP. second year with JL went to £18, no big deal, but this year its jumped to £26, despite no claims at all. I phoned JL up and got the usual chat, based on vets fee's, unregulated vets etc....She was adamant she couldn't reduce it, despite me saying I'd had a better quote from M&S. So I cancelled it. I then just for interest applied for another quote from JL as a new customer, low and behold the quote came back at £17 and THATS without the 20% new customer discount, that's the same cover I had, same excess. So in a nut shell, its a mine field out there folks.

Offline wendall

• Donator
  • Honey and Pip
Re: John Lewis
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 08:41:22 AM »
It's a pity you didn't get the JL quote before cancelling and then used it as ammunition
Rosie,rest in peace my beautiful little girl, you will be in my heart forever. 2/2/12-24/10/12

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 11:48:16 AM »
I did that, told them I was cancelling for themselves online...the woman cancelled my existing policy straight away...
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline PennyB

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 12:10:53 PM »
Changed to JL two years ago after Pet Plan rocketed after Harrys first year. We got better cover with JL and it was £15 as opposed to £26 with PP. second year with JL went to £18, no big deal, but this year its jumped to £26, despite no claims at all. I phoned JL up and got the usual chat, based on vets fee's, unregulated vets etc....She was adamant she couldn't reduce it, despite me saying I'd had a better quote from M&S. So I cancelled it. I then just for interest applied for another quote from JL as a new customer, low and behold the quote came back at £17 and THATS without the 20% new customer discount, that's the same cover I had, same excess. So in a nut shell, its a mine field out there folks.

they would then push you premiums up really high the next time - this is the usual ploy to get you on board by reducing for 1st time customers
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline abkb

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 08:16:57 PM »
Same issue here with JL...year 1 was around £400 for my 2 cockers (annual rate obviously), year 2 £409, this year £612! Just done a quote as a new customer and it comes to £420. Crazy. I was considering ringing them. Never claimed anything, but wondering if we went with a new policy whether they'd exclude anything relating to Molly's anal glands as she's had them packed and flushed recently. Argh!
Karen, owned by Molly B the blue roan show cocker, D.O.B 02/08/2011, and Finley the orange and white show cocker, D.O.B 19/01/2013

Offline siam

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 08:59:23 PM »
I started with the introductory £15 rate and now in year 3 it's at £38 per month, and annoying, as Alfie had a pre-existing skin condition (pollen allergy related) which is not covered I am also paying £32 per month for Apoquel for him for 6 months of the year.

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 02:02:16 PM »
I recently put in a large claim for Coco to JL.

Was quite impressed - they paid up in full (less excess obviously) with no quibbling and within a couple of weeks.

As Coco is now 10, they are not cheap (although cheaper than the previous policy I had and with better cover) but, as JL are with other things, they sort things out promptly and without question.  :D
Julie and Watson