Author Topic: Canigen question  (Read 1432 times)

Offline siam

• Site Member
Canigen question
« on: October 04, 2021, 12:57:02 PM »
We brought our new boy Bertie home from the breeders on Friday. He's due to get his 2nd vaccination between 2 - 12th Oct. I phoned the vets and was asked what his 1st type of vaccine was which is Canigen. I was told this was not compatible with the vaccines they use and he would need to be given another 1st vaccine of the type they use before he would get a 2nd one. I'm trying to see if there's a vet in reasonable travelling distance that might be able to give him a 2nd vaccine of Canigen to save him getting another 1st vaccine but have been unsuccessful. Even if I find a vet who does Canigen I wondered if he always has to have Canigen or if it would be OK for him to have a different type of vaccine in a year's time.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
Re: Canigen question
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 05:06:34 PM »
Can't help but contact Virbac in UK and see if they can help.  They make product.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 06:34:31 PM »
Just wondered if it would be possible to take Bertie back to the vets that did the first part of the jab,

It may be too far to travel - but just a thought
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline siam

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 09:05:54 PM »
Can't help but contact Virbac in UK and see if they can help.  They make product.

We did contact them and they sent us a list of vet practices who have it. However I took Bertie to the vet appointment today anyway as he'd been wretching  intermittently and had loose stools. It turns out our vets have Nobivac which is exactly the same as Canigen so he will be able to get it there after all. It's a shame the reception staff don't have the correct information as we spent a lot of time trying to sort out the best thing to do.

Offline siam

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2021, 09:10:38 PM »
Just wondered if it would be possible to take Bertie back to the vets that did the first part of the jab,

I had thought of this but it's a 286 mile round trip.  Fortunately it's now been resolved as our vet has Nobivac which is the same as Canigen.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2021, 11:55:51 PM »

I had thought of this but it's a 286 mile round trip.  Fortunately it's now been resolved as our vet has Nobivac which is the same as Canigen.

WoW yes that is a long way - thank goodness the problem has been solved  :D
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2021, 07:49:18 PM »
Glad you are sorted, that's a bit of a hike, 286 miles.