Author Topic: chicken wings  (Read 3342 times)

Offline dave w

• Site Member
chicken wings
« on: October 24, 2021, 07:54:02 PM »
for those of you feeding raw chicken wings do you give them fresh or freeze and give them frozen ,my wife read somewhere that you need to freeze for 3 weeks before you can use them but i have looked online and it says freezing will not kill the bacteria, very confusing

Online bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: chicken wings
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2021, 09:00:04 PM »
I‘ve always fed them raw and never had any problems. Its my understanding, although stand to be corrected  ;), that the digestive acids of a dog on a raw diet are sufficient to deal with most bacteria and also that raw food passes through the digestive system at a faster rate than processed food which also decreases the risk of illness through infected food. If your dog is generally fed raw, it shouldn’t be a problem.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 09:55:57 PM »
Gemma eats them fresh or frozen. I do, because she would swallow the whole thing, wrap tissue around the tip and hold the wing while she munches on it. It does get a bit of a tussle at the end but I still have 5 fingers  Just.  ph34r
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline dave w

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 08:32:56 AM »
thank you, i fed him a wing this morning which was frozen i did hold it for a bit but saw that he was crunching it up first so just let him get on with it, he seemed to really enjoy it.

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2021, 12:44:54 PM »

I buy frozen chicken wings from Tesco and my boys love them.  I used to give them unfrozen but they would bring up pieces of bone some hours later, but when they have them frozen this doesn't happen.  They also have Millie's Wolfheart but don't eat much as they prefer the frozen chicken.  I now give them three wings or pieces a day.  They let me know when they want their chicken.

In the morning I give them a wing after I have finished my breakfast, and if I am slow Timmy puts his head on my knee and cries.  Once I have finished they  create and run to the freezer for their chicken.  They have another after lunch and another at dinner time in the evening.  They would eat frozen chicken all day if I let them.

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2021, 06:32:15 PM »
Historically freezing was said to kill salmonella, not sure it’s true. I fed my old dog raw wings for years with no problems.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010