Author Topic: Peace At Last!  (Read 1662 times)

Offline ~Jilly~

• Site Member
Peace At Last!
« on: September 19, 2005, 11:15:00 AM »
Sadly yesterday my neighbours dad died and finding it hard to cope with everything as well as an 11 month old bouncy cocker, we've been looking after her for her.

We had her here most of the day yesterday and she went home about 9pm and then she came back at about 9.30 this morning.

They have constantly chased each other round, biting each others ears etc and despite being absolutely knackered, they will not give up and sleep <_< so about half an hour ago I put Bella in her crate and she's gone straight off to sleep, lying upside down legs akimbo :wub: Poppy has also settled down now lying between me on the computer and Bella in her crate - it's so peaceful but I'm scared to move in case I start them off again :unsure:

Looks like I'm stuck at the pc for a while :lol:

For those of you with more than one cocker, does the novelty of this constant playing wear off? I'd like to get another cocker next year and while it doesn't really bother me them playing, I'm concerned that they never seem to rest properly - how to you deal with that? Do you seperate them for a while? That seems so mean but it seems the only way to get them to settle :huh:

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Peace At Last!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 11:18:05 AM »
It does wear off as they get older  :lol: so you might have another year or so of this  :ph34r:

I look after my friends cocker sometimes and sometimes she looks after Buttons. They get on extremely well but played constantly for the first 2+ years :blink: you couldn't even watch TV for all the racket and rolling around. They are both 3 now and it's so different, they have a 5 minute play and then just ignore each other  :lol:

Offline ~Jilly~

• Site Member
Peace At Last!
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 11:28:45 AM »
and here was me thinking after a few hours they'd get bored :lol:

I don't mind it really, they make me laugh but it's surprising how many jobs hubby keeps finding to do in another room or outside ;)

Poppy's quite different to Bella, she's much calmer and Bella can be a bit of a bully :ph34r: but Poppy actually told her off yesterday (the first time in 4 months of playing) and it did stop Bella in her tracks for a little while but she's gone straight back to biting her ears, legs and head today :ph34r: Poppy just stands there and lets her most of the time.

They're still asleep, bliss - don't know how long it will last!

Offline ~Jilly~

• Site Member
Peace At Last!
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 11:36:53 AM »
That's it, all over!

I was desperate for the loo and had to move so they're both awake and running wild again :rolleyes: how long was that? 15 mins? Oh well, no rest for the wicked ;)

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
Peace At Last!
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 12:37:49 PM »
Bailey's 2 1/2 and he was running about like a squirrel on speed this morning with his pal Coco.  :D

Sounds like you've got your hands full.  Enjoy it - they could hate each other!  :)

Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline DIANNE32

• Site Member
    • http://www.DIDO.mypetpages.net
Peace At Last!
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 12:43:48 PM »
Bailey's 2 1/2 and he was running about like a squirrel on speed this morning with his pal Coco.  :D

Sounds like you've got your hands full.  Enjoy it - they could hate each other!  :)
[snapback]146674[/snapback]

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: That sounds like my Bailey, only he does this on his own and doesn't need any other dog to encourage him. We have wood floors allover downstairs and its so funny to watch him trying to run, he runs on the spot for ages before he actually gets anywhere :blink: . ( i know i shouldn't laugh but he looks so funny) :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
DIANNE,CHRIS, BAILEY & EBONY
[http://www.dido.mypetpages.net

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Peace At Last!
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 01:50:05 PM »
My two constantly go nuts - playing, nipping, tackling each other. The funniest one was Indie sneaking up on Ham while he was doing a pee, he'd waited for ages to get him back!
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline miche

• Site Member
    • http://mwcooling.co.uk
Peace At Last!
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 02:04:46 PM »
We've got 2 puppy cockers and it's manic!!  Love it :lol:

Love Michele, Mikey and Herbiexx

Offline Miss Poohs

• Site Member
Peace At Last!
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2005, 02:24:44 PM »
Vahri and Ruffy constantly play fight.

Vahri acts all grown up and tries to rebuff him, then just as he turns his back, she pounces - I love watching them play.

Offline ~Jilly~

• Site Member
Peace At Last!
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2005, 02:32:37 PM »
Bailey's 2 1/2 and he was running about like a squirrel on speed this morning with his pal Coco.  :D

Sounds like you've got your hands full.  Enjoy it - they could hate each other!  :)
[snapback]146674[/snapback]

They definately love each other, they flopped out earlier (not surprised, they must be exhausted) and laid nose to nose :wub: It didn't last long but was soooo cute. Bella's also calmed down, not being so bossy or such a bully and has started rolling on her back and letting Poppy have a sniff.

I did however, turn around earlier to find Bella humping Poppy's head :o  :unsure:  :ph34r:

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
Peace At Last!
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2005, 03:43:49 PM »
Forgot to add that I think it's really nice your'e looking after Poppy for you neighbours.  Im sure they really appreciate it.  :)
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Peace At Last!
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2005, 08:03:21 PM »
My two used to spend every waking moment running around like maniacs together.  They still do, as long as someone is interacting with them - but mostly now they just have the odd play fight and give eachother a sniff in the passing  :rolleyes:  :D   I do miss all the antics - enjoy them while you can!  ;)  :lol:
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline ~Jilly~

• Site Member
Peace At Last!
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2005, 08:16:48 PM »
Well she's gone home now and I missed her the minute she left.

We had lovely cuddles on the sofa this afternoon, the 3 of us, while I watched a bit of tv - it was really nice. They're twice as much mischief but they're also twice as cute, twice as cuddly and twice as nice :wub:

They eventually laid, Bella on one half of a sofa cushion next to the arm and Poppy laid in between her and me, on her back, legs in the air, belly on show with her head resting on Bella's back :wub:

I think I'm going to have to work a bit harder on hubby for a little sister for Bella ;)

Offline flossysmum

• Limited Member
    • Abilou Cocker Spaniels
Peace At Last!
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2005, 08:46:26 PM »
Mine usually calm down after a while after Charlie going mad bouncing round the house like he's on springs,sometimes i go for a run with him to the top of our road to calm him down but the other night i ran up the road 3 times becuase all of them wanted a run and i would get pulled over if i took them all together, i was worn out after all that. During the day when we are all out we will put charlie in the office because he would chew everything to pieces if we left him in the living room but the girls get a break from him for a while which they are very happy about but the girls sleep in my room and charlie downstairs so everything is calm and quiet and they all sleep very well :)

Flossy is very elegent and acts really grown up but she's the boss, charlie loves to play with sophie and annoy her and sophie likes to play with her teddies :D
xxx Love Abi, Flossy, Charlie, Amber, Bertha and Ginny xxx