Author Topic: Pet Insurance  (Read 5027 times)

Offline alfiedog

• Site Member
Pet Insurance
« on: October 21, 2005, 11:54:19 AM »
Hi there I'm thinking of getting pet insurance for our cocker Alfie.Can anyone tell me a good one to take out.......

Not sure if this is in the right section so if not can a mod move it to the relevant section....

Offline John_n_Rach

• Site Member
    • http://
Pet Insurance
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 12:11:38 PM »
We checked through loads recently and ended up going with Marks and Spencer as they offered very good cover at a reasonable cost (£10.56 a month)

Good luck

Offline denisec

• Site Member
Pet Insurance
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 12:27:15 PM »
We use More Than what I liked about it, was that you are insured for the lenght of your dogs illness/treatment some just insure you for a given lenght of time.  It costs 9.99 a month.

Offline isla

• Site Member
Pet Insurance
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 02:13:44 PM »
I'm with More Than as well. If you buy on line you get the first three months free!!

Offline Tracey J

• Site Member
Pet Insurance
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 02:25:47 PM »
We're with M&S.  Full cover for £8.70 for each dog.  Haven't  ever had to claim yet, but I've heard they're ok about it  B) .
Tracey, Molly &  little brother Brodie!

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
Pet Insurance
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 03:43:36 PM »
I insured with Healthy Pets at £5.55 per month for their gold cover.  Have a look at their website www.healthy-pets.co.uk to see their policy.  Ben is only 3 1/2 months so not had to claim yet!

Offline JaneES

• Site Member
Pet Insurance
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 03:46:33 PM »
I have mine insured with Churchill. Both cockers for £18/month - full cover, £50 excess.

Jane (owned by Charlie, Frankie,Jaymae & Callum)

Offline scooby's mum

• Site Member
  • Scooby & Misty's Mum
Pet Insurance
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2005, 04:44:00 PM »
We use More Than what I liked about it, was that you are insured for the lenght of your dogs illness/treatment some just insure you for a given lenght of time.  It costs 9.99 a month.
[snapback]153468[/snapback]
We use More Than too and after Scooby's accident (in which we had only been insured for 2 weeks) they paid out the £2,000+ for his hospitalisation/treatment without a problem  :)

Just make sure you take out a policy which covers you for continuous treatment.  Most policies will pay out for the 1st year only  :rolleyes:
Love Joanne, Misty & Scooby

grahamturner

Pet Insurance
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2005, 05:30:09 PM »
:D
We use More Than what I liked about it, was that you are insured for the lenght of your dogs illness/treatment some just insure you for a given lenght of time.  It costs 9.99 a month.
[snapback]153468[/snapback]
:D we have just insured our new puppy spice with more than and it has gone up to £10-99p a month from oct  :(

Sue H

Pet Insurance
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2005, 06:26:05 PM »
We recently changed to M & S - if you go back through previously posted topics, you will find a discussion that I posted in the first half of September ...

Basically, look for lifetime cover (ie if your dog develops a complaint that will last longer than one twelve-month cover of your insurance, the Insurer will not disqualify that from the subsequent year's cover etc ... (ie if it should develop a condition in month 11 of your insurance, they will refuse to cover you when you want to renew your insurance..)

Happy hunting !!

Offline Scootysmum

• Site Member
  • Scoots, mum Molly and sis Daisy on 3rd b-day!
Pet Insurance
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2005, 09:47:30 PM »
I signed up with Sainsbury's Pet Insurance scheme for Scooter - very good cover (pay out up to 6.5K per treatment, lifetime cover - 15GBP per month).

Offline alfiedog

• Site Member
Pet Insurance
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2005, 08:33:18 AM »
Decided to go for M & S , no excess and costs a little over £10 a month.........

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Pet Insurance
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2005, 06:54:32 PM »
More than and m&s are both good, fast pay outs, but remember you want lifetime cover, check and recheck the small print, make sure it's not 12 month cover.
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline John P

• Site Member
    • http://
Pet Insurance
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2005, 07:06:51 PM »
:D After scouring the market we went with M&S. Have had 1 claim so far and they were excellent! :D
John, Jane, Tom and Katie

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Pet Insurance
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2005, 07:16:45 PM »
Remember to check for any changes in T & C's each year, too  :rolleyes:

We were with Direct Line for the first year of Molo's cover - then when they sent the renewal letter (stating it was automatic renewal unless notified  :angry: ) the T & C's had changed significantly, and we would really have lost out  :blink:

I shopped around, and am now with M & S, whic was a lower premium for better cover, and I'm waiting for our first claim to be processed  :huh:
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club