Author Topic: shows  (Read 4842 times)

Anonymous

shows
« on: August 26, 2002, 02:31:30 PM »
Hi
     has anybody been to any shows this weekend ???.
I entered an open show on Sat. and had great difficulty finding the venue, when I finally found it (after driving past it three times) I was totally shocked :-X to find it was in a field that had been roughly mown and most unsuitable for showing a dog needless to say I didn`t stop,I must say this is the second poorly operated show iv`e attended in the last couple of weeks.I have attended many exemption shows that have better venues. Surely if open shows are to be better attended  then the facilities should be up to a certain standard ???.Does anyone agree.
           Jules                    

Offline Michele

• Site Member
shows
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2002, 11:17:41 PM »
Hi Jules,
Have to agree some shows leave a lot to be desired :( I don't know in what part of the country you are but one popular venue (for the society's) in the south is Ardingly, I won't touch it with a barge pole, I have never heard any good reports of the venue, and so have never been tempted to go. Its time consuming enough to prepare your cocker for show, to then have it covered in mud/dust/grass is very frustrating. Another type of venue that I also dislike are the riding schools, great for horses, not for a coated breed :-
Having said that I must admit to feeling a slight touch of melancholy that with Richmond Ch Show looming its the last outdoor show (for me at least). Back to being cramped up together inside leisure centres etc. for the next few months.
Hey ho, what we do for fun  ;D                    

Offline Jude

• Site Member
shows
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2002, 09:38:54 PM »
Michelle & Jules

I do so agree with you.  I don't normally do shows but this year I thought I would show my two - only in the Exception shows - but they have all been outside.  If you have spent all that time getting the dogs ready you don't want to turn out into an open field full of ruts when the horse carts jave been.  Michelle I don't live far from Ardingly so I can I do know what you mean about that ground.  It always rains at the Ardingly show even when the Queen goes there!