Author Topic: Crufts TV Programmes  (Read 11943 times)

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Re: Crufts TV Programmes
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2006, 12:19:22 PM »
I must admit I like BF but he's not doing to great at this Crufts business :-\ Methinks a bit more prep beforehand would be a good thing for him :-\
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline *-Nikki-*

• Site Member
    • www.nicibec-cockers.moonfruit.com
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2006, 12:22:28 PM »
Good Luck to Emily and Tilly tomorrow :D !
We had a great time yesterday, took 4 hours to get home tho  >:D (was even worse on the way ome on Thursday!). Have to say that Thursday has been the busiest day that I’ve seen for a long time - it really was packed!!! Enjoy helping out of the college stand tho.
Despite been benched next to the special events ring yesterday (which was VERY loud!) and Dixie being very naughty, I was still very proud of him! We managed to get shortlisted out of a huge class of 28 to the last 7 :shades: .
Looking forward to tomorrow, hope your feeling better Sue! Becki's got sore ribs  :005: self inflicted as she did 200 and od sit ups in a bleep test in P.E   ::)
Edited to add...Helen, as I walked in on Thurday, I bumped into me fav presenter in the world  :005: BF  :lol: (speaks just the same in real life lol - and the hair is hugE!) and he was draggin his granny trolley, sorry Michelle  :rofl1: hehe.

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2006, 08:21:57 PM »
Seen Emily and Tilly in the parade :luv: :luv:  They both looked fab Sue, you must be proudxx

Tonights show so far has been an emotional rollercoaster, Speedy was absolutely hysterical :lol:, then we had the retriever getting jiggy wiv another one :o :005:  and of course the friends for life thing, had me in tears :luv:

Really enjoying tonight and Ben Fogle, mwwaaaahhhh hope hes back next year :P

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2006, 09:36:28 PM »

I liked the story about the Chesapeake Bay Retriever that got BOB - he ate an entire 18lb turkey raw, leaving his owners with no food on Christmas Day. Maybe Cockers aren't the greediest breed after all. :lol:

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2006, 09:37:38 PM »
Although Ben Fogle wasn't the best presenter in the world, his fluffs were kind of endearing  :luv:  The Companion competition was fab.  I was an absolute mess  :'(
Daniel and Yogi, you are stars!!!  ;)

Well done BBC, thought the coverage this year was brill!!!  :D
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2006, 09:40:29 PM »
I was in tears in parts as well, Esp when the little boy with Yogi, started crying, i was sobbing.

However, i didn't enjoy watching Ben  one bit. I am sorry, I thought it was cringe worthy. There was too much chatting about stuff, and I wanted to see more dogs !!

CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2006, 09:48:22 PM »
I was in stitches watching Speedy  :rofl1: :rofl1: There is a scottie at training who is exactly the same :lol: He will do what you ask of him but in his own good time :005:
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2006, 09:54:42 PM »
did i miss interpret  :-\ or did Ben Fogle talk about calming Inca down and her having a litter in the same breathe? I hope I'm wrong, because that'll give people ideas about calming their bitches down if they have a litter............an old wives tale!!!!!

As for Speedy ha ha ha Speedy by name but not by nature! That was hilarious!!!  :005:  :005:

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2006, 09:56:27 PM »
did i miss interpret  :-\ or did Ben Fogle talk about calming Inca down and her having a litter in the same breathe? I hope I'm wrong, because that'll give people ideas about calming their bitches down if they have a litter............an old wives tale!!!!!

A:005:  :005:

I didn't hear that bit, but I think Inca has already had a litter :D 

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2006, 10:00:25 PM »

No!! he said she calmed down when she was about one  ;) Inca has had a litter though, i'm sure he said the pups were about two. Inca must be at least 10 now, because he had her on tarransey, and that was ages ago.
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2006, 10:00:54 PM »
Somebody had asked at what age had Inca had calmed down.  He said that she was about 12 months  :o and then said but she had puppies last year and they are still bonkers and they are nearly 2 now!!!  (I'm not sure his maths is too hot!!  ::))
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2006, 10:03:01 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up!!!

I was all set to start ranting!!! ha ha ha thats why I thought it was best i asked first!! I'm a bit delirious after my long day!!!!

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2006, 10:04:32 PM »
Yes, she definatley has had a litter, scroll down to Incas bit

http://www.benfogle.com/biography.php

I think a lot of what Ben has said on Crufts has been misinterpreted, I don't mean by you guys, but someone had emailed in saying that he was irresponsible telling people to give their dog chocolate, Ben *Clearly* stated that the easter egg was for dogs ::)  Grr some people ::) 

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2006, 10:18:26 PM »
I've just watched tonights show and extended coverage - all in the wrong order, cos it was recorded - Well done -  Emily and Tilly, brilliant

I haven't watched all the programmes yet (still recorded) - but was surprised at Ben tbh; I now wonder how many "takes" he does for Countryfile  :005: Too many Umms and ahhs for my liking  ::)

Highlights from tonight for me were Speedy (wonderful dog); seeing Jasper, and hearing him praised so highly - it was good to hear the working/show split refered to in the commentry, too :)
Yogi and Daniel were just wonderful, I was a total wreck, too - but didn't Yogi take it all in his stride, such a brilliant companion  :luv: I think the Pals with Paws programme is amazing  :D
Finally, Mary Ray and her heelwork to music is amazing, I am in awe of her and the way she trained her wonderful dogs :)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2006, 10:24:27 PM »
Inca must be at least 10 now, because he had her on tarransey, and that was ages ago.

Your wishing your life away Barbs - it was 2000, wasn't it - I think Inca had her litter at age 4  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club