Author Topic: Pet Insurance  (Read 2095 times)

Offline tonio

• Site Member
  • Freddie is taking flying lessons:Stage one,taxying
Pet Insurance
« on: April 16, 2006, 11:02:59 AM »

I was amazed,but perhaps I shouldn't have been, by the plethora of responses to my question on microchipping and pet passports.What a wealth of knowledge and genuine helpfulness from contributors.

Now, the next question.

What recommendations can the forum offer on insuring Freddie when he arrives?  I know there are many insurance companies offering cover but how to choose.I've always believed that you get what you pay for but I don't doubt that even at similar premiums there will be differences.

Advice and suggestions will be appreciated.I am by the way, old enough to get cover from Saga if that helps.

Tonio

Offline JoanneM

• Site Member
Re: Pet Insurance
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 11:47:12 AM »
There has been a recent poll on pet insurance which might be worth taking a look at:

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=16617.0

There are plenty of companies to choose from but the main thing is to make sure that your policy pays out for the lifetime of any illness and not just 12 months. In the poll m&s came out on top at about £11 a month with no excess.

Offline Looking for Speedy

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 02:37:43 PM »
I have pet insurnace for Joey - through Petplan - not sure if they are in the UK - unfortunately it didnt cover dental - and Joey recenlty had 12 teeth pulled out - which costs us a small fortune. :o

Also I was brushing Joeys teeth since back in July when we first got him, but I think the damage was already done. Perhaps I shouldnt have been flossing too.  :D

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 03:02:38 PM »
What a brilliant question!  At the moment I have got the KC 6 wks free but they want nearly £23 a month!

Is KC ins a rip off? I'll definately be looking at the recent poll, although still new to the site and finding my way around!