Author Topic: UK Agility show - Newbury. Can we take Buddy to watch?  (Read 1302 times)

Offline Annette

• Site Member
UK Agility show - Newbury. Can we take Buddy to watch?
« on: July 07, 2006, 02:35:29 PM »
Buddy's mummy and family are coming to Newbury on Sunday to do agility, and we have been invited to come and meet up with them.

Trouble is I'm not sure if we will be allowed to take Buddy in and I've left it too late to find out any other way than on here. Newbury Showground staff don't know, they told me to get in touch with the organisers. Unfortunately because of the show, the organisers' office is now closed until 11th. I did send an email to our breeder but they are hopeless at checking their mail (hope they don't make a rare visit to COL now! ph34r

I could phone them but I know they are really bust just now and are out visiting colleges for older daughter this weekend too.

The showground is about 15 miles from home so I don't want to turn up with Buddy then find we can't take him in as it's too far to bring him home in the time we have available and still get back up there. And I know they'd love to see him (this makes me think we probably can take him in) so don't want to leave him at home and go along without him just in case.

Some of us just have the knack of making a relatively simple life appear much harder than it really is! ;)

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Re: UK Agility show - Newbury. Can we take Buddy to watch?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 02:43:31 PM »
I take mine when I go to agility shows - don't suppose that helps you much though, does it ::)
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 02:46:28 PM »
Thanks Gill.

It does help if you are taking them to watch.

If they are competing, then no, it's not VERY helpful. But thanks anyway! :005:

Offline Cayley

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 02:50:00 PM »
As far as I know, non competing dogs can only be on the showground if they are entered as not for competition on the entry form. You'd be able to go and have a look without the dogs though.
Cayley.

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 02:51:34 PM »
No we only go to watch - I didn't have to enter them NFC either :-\
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Rosie

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 03:02:27 PM »
Annette

"Dogs attending shows that are not competing do not need to be entered, nor registered, however owners are solely responsible for
their dogs."

Found this on the UKA Website under their rules so you would be okay to take Buddy

Also, Kennel Club have recently amended their rules to say that visitors and their dogs are allowed they just need to sign in at the secretary's tent for insurance purposes etc.  TBH most shows are held in areas where there are public footpaths and are usual dog walking areas so it is impossible to monitor which are agility dogs and which are not.

Enjoy the experience - you never know you might get bitten by the bug - we were going to do this show but are heading off down to a show in Cornwall instead!! 

Rosie & 4 naughty cockers plus one!

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 03:03:06 PM »
Annette, here is the UK Agility Website where you may find your answer.  I've not looked through it but they have a FAQ section and failing that they have a forum ;)

http://www.ukagility.com/Default.aspx

Sounds like it would be good fun to watch, I'm tempted to pop along myself if the forecast for Sunday improves ;)
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 03:04:01 PM »
Well done Rosie, you took the trouble of reading it :shades:
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Cayley

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 03:06:39 PM »
That's alright then, have a brilliant time  :D.
Cayley.

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006, 07:55:18 PM »
Thanks guys. Guess what. The breeder finally checked her email, and she says we are ok too. Great relief all round.

As for getting the bug, I would love to do it. It's just a case of getting my behind into gear and organising myself to find a club and get on the waiting list etc. I may make some progress with that on Sunday. You never know.

Just to remind you, here is a piccy of Buddy's mummy and 14/15 yr old handler. Taken at Crufts this year.

Click to enlarge

We think she is gorgeous. Lovely sweet dog. She's 1/2 working type.