Author Topic: Spaying and hormones  (Read 1115 times)

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
Spaying and hormones
« on: July 06, 2006, 04:10:17 PM »
I have read on here that even after spaying, hormones can take a while to clear from the bloodstream.  Tilly has been behaving quite out of character for the past few days - very grumpy and snappy - and I wondered if it might be connected to her spaying?  She was spayed in April and around now is when her season would have been due - do you think there might be a connection between this and her strange behaviour?  She has been such a happy little soul since the spaying that it is perplexing to see her like this. 

I have checked her over and she seems fit and well in every other respect.  Does anyone know about the hormones idea and if so, will it clear away (hope so, being grumpy doesn't suit her)

Sue and Tilly

Offline Saffie

• Site Member
Re: Spaying and hormones
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 04:14:23 PM »
Could it be the weather that i smaking her a bit grumpy? It can not be fun having a big coat on and constantly wagging tail all day in this temperature.

Offline no time for this

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 04:20:57 PM »
Could it be the weather that i smaking her a bit grumpy? It can not be fun having a big coat on and constantly wagging tail all day in this temperature.

Was just going to say this, also parts of the uk have been quite humid as well as thunder and lightening, which they can be quite sensitive too

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 04:37:58 PM »
Thanks guys, you may be right about the heat, but it has been hot before and she's not been like this.  Her behaviour really is more like it was when she was in season.  Poor grumpy little girl!

Sue and Tilly

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 11:21:58 PM »
Hope Tills grumpy phase passes quickly, it could be a combination of both the heat and hormones x

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 11:13:21 AM »
Well, I do think Tilly is very hormonal at the moment.  Yesterday she was "presenting" her rear end to Kelsey, our labrador border and inviting him to make whoppee  ph34r!  He was quite interested in obliging even though he was neautered 10 years ago  :o ::)  Her behaviour is for all the world as if she were in season, so hopefully Grumpy Flirty Tilly will disappear in a short while and Happy Jolly Tilly will return!

And to think that after the spaying we thought it was all over...... ::)

Sue and Tilly