Author Topic: Fun Shows and Professional showing  (Read 2205 times)

Offline loppylugs

• Site Member
Re: Fun Shows and Professional showing
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2006, 01:06:17 AM »
After reading the threads on this subject i think its apalling that someone should take it out on the dog in this way.At the moment its a personal choice if you want an undocked cocker.My PERSONAL CHOICE is to have a docked one because i dont like them with tails,but that is my CHOICE and i certainly woudnt harm the dog if the owners PERSONAL CHOICE was to buy an undocked one.How any one could do this to a dog is just beyond me.

you havent lived till you,ve owned a cocker

Offline Poppy W

• Site Member
Re: Fun Shows and Professional showing
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2006, 09:55:38 AM »
I have an undocked pup this time. My first Cocker was docked but at that stage it was v difficult to find any breeder who was willing to leave them undocked.

I think the whole docking debate is very contentious and I have to say that I'm not sure I personally agree with the view that you should choose a docked cocker because you don't like them with tails   :o  but live and let live I guess.

I do however agree that it is appalling that anyone, let alone someone who is involved with this beautiful breed, should try to stamp on their tails! If ANYONE did that to Percy I'm afraid that I wouldn't be help responsible for their broken nose (this comes from the girl who once punched someone because they kicked my pony for treading on their toe!!!!!  :005:)