Author Topic: NEVER, NEVER USE TESCO INSURANCE......  (Read 24451 times)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Re: NEVER, NEVER USE TESCO INSURANCE......
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2006, 03:39:04 PM »
I'm also cancelling my policy with them as of this morning.

If you have an annual policy and cancel it part-way through, they can legitimately refuse any claims for that year......... :-\
I would imagine that Jeeves couldn't give stuff about that Rachel. They've refused to  pay out anyway so I don't suppose she feels she is losing anything. As long as she gets replacement Insurance straight away there'll only be a 10 day gap or so where she's not covered.

I must have misunderstood the reason for involving the Ombudsman........ :-\
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

tracee

« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2006, 04:08:37 PM »
     mary
               i have just insured all 12 of ours in the last week with m&s and was given a no excess on them all and it also stated on my paperwork theres no excess?????????
   so they are still giving the choose, so not sure whats going on there.

Offline Claire

• Site Member
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2006, 04:23:48 PM »
     mary
               i have just insured all 12 of ours in the last week with m&s and was given a no excess on them all and it also stated on my paperwork theres no excess?????????
   so they are still giving the choose, so not sure whats going on there.

I went with no excess M&S back in April and that option is only available to dogs under the age of 4.  Perhaps variable interest rates are only offered depending on the age of the dogs?  Just a thought.

tracee

« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2006, 04:57:58 PM »

ours range in age from 12wks to 6yrs so ??

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2006, 05:26:43 PM »
I'm also cancelling my policy with them as of this morning.

If you have an annual policy and cancel it part-way through, they can legitimately refuse any claims for that year......... :-\
I would imagine that Jeeves couldn't give stuff about that Rachel. They've refused to  pay out anyway so I don't suppose she feels she is losing anything. As long as she gets replacement Insurance straight away there'll only be a 10 day gap or so where she's not covered.

But if a claim has been paid out within the policy year, then they will ask for that money to be repaid. I got caught out from that clause when I changed policies for Vegas before the policy year was out
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2006, 06:29:54 PM »
This depends on whether you have paid annually or if you are paying by DD

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2006, 07:18:15 PM »
This depends on whether you have paid annually or if you are paying by DD

It is a rare insurance company that offers a month-by-month contract  - even if you pay monthly it is usually an annual contract; the DD is a "gesture of goodwill" by the insurance company and you are committed to a 12 month contract when you sign/renew the policy  :-\ (I got stung like this for car insurance after making a claim - I didn't read the small print carefully enough  ::))

It is not an unusual situation for the owners of a dog that has been PTS during the policy year to have to carry on paying for months after the dog has PTS  :'(

Oldies Club

Offline Jeeves

• Site Member
  • Mrs Bridges - International Love Goddess!
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2006, 11:06:45 PM »
Folks - I've read the policy, small and large print, and am entitled to cancel the policy at any time, which I have done.

Rachel, if they want to pursue me for the money they paid out for the claim I made for Parker's tummy/bowel troublt, they can but try.  I don't have the money.  I don't have ANY spare cash now.
Parker, Mrs Bridges, Ronald and Jeeves (my Little Bear, no longer with us) and Nicky (that's me!)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2006, 09:33:45 AM »
Folks - I've read the policy, small and large print, and am entitled to cancel the policy at any time, which I have done.

Rachel, if they want to pursue me for the money they paid out for the claim I made for Parker's tummy/bowel troublt, they can but try.  I don't have the money.  I don't have ANY spare cash now.

I don't think they will - the Tesco's policy document online is a month-by-month arrangement - unlike M & S, Petplan and other well known policies which only offer 12 month arrangements  ;)

This site is a good place to visit when you are looking for insurance, or any financial products - it gives you tips on getting a good deal as well as discussions about peoples experiences of different companies, and how to get results when things go wrong  ;)
Oldies Club

Offline Jeeves

• Site Member
  • Mrs Bridges - International Love Goddess!
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2006, 10:35:49 AM »
Rachel, thank you for that site - that will be really useful!  :D

You'll be pleased to hear that I've simmered down a bit from yesterday!!  A day of letter writing is in store as well as arranging new policies for the boys. 

Ho hum - what a palava!!  ::)
Parker, Mrs Bridges, Ronald and Jeeves (my Little Bear, no longer with us) and Nicky (that's me!)

Offline Shelley

• Site Member
  • Melody, Abi, Tia
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2006, 02:12:29 AM »
I have M&S insurance for my two younger Newfs and for Tia. I have to say *touch wood* we haven't had any problems with them paying out, even when Kitten had what could have been classed as a hereditary problem. He had to have an op for elbow dysplacia, the x-rays, op and the medication he was on for 4-5 months cost over £1,000 and they paid it back no problems.

We also have the no excess policy, so eveytime we go to the vets we get our money back... Apart for things like their inocculations of course.

The one thing we did find odd was the different costs for the dogs as things have changed since we originally insured the Newfs. When we insured them we were told it would be £11 something for the first one, and then £10 something for the second, as they give a discount for more dogs. We are still paying that now, over a year later. When we phoned about insuring Tia they said with the discount for another dog and the no excess policy it was £17 something a month. It just seems daft that it is so much cheaper for such a bigger dog, I know it wouldn't be now if we were to insure them though, as they have changed things, but we are still paying what we did in the first year.

Tia, Melody and Abi

RAW FED, CHEMICAL FREE DOGS!

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2006, 08:40:49 AM »
Weve had no probs at all claiming from M & S since Nell was diagnosed (sp)

They have paid out within three weeks of claiming and no excess  :D

* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~