Author Topic: Dress Code???  (Read 3484 times)

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
    • home of the Fernlow band of cockers!!!
Dress Code???
« on: July 09, 2003, 01:07:22 PM »
I'm getting a bit confused with my choice of wardrobe for the show.

I have seen some handlers suited up and some in jeans! Is there a dress code or does any thing go :-. Don't worry my bikini is staying firmly in the drawer!  :o  oo  ;)                    
Clare
Fern (HRH) and Willow (lolo)
Bryony, Gypsi, Thorn and Rocky

Sorry if my Post offends you, my cocker spaniel has learnt to type and i can not be held responsible for her attitude problem!

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Dress Code???
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2003, 01:52:49 PM »
Anything goes Clare. My advice - be smart but comfortable. Treat the judge with some respect - which shows in your dress, and that way you'll start to earn respect too. I can't believe how some people go into the ring. It is the dog that's on show but if you feel good, that will encourage your dog to feel good too. ;D

Watch your colours though and don't wear anything to flappy - ie very long full skirt or lightweight baggy trousers - they can put the judge off by pulling their eye away from the dog. If you're showing a black dog, don't wear black. Wear a colour that contrasts that way the outline of the dog can be better observed.

hth                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
    • home of the Fernlow band of cockers!!!
Dress Code???
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2003, 08:49:07 AM »
It is going to be sooooooo hot 8) :o! I'm trawling my wardrobe for suitable clothes (thanks Pammy)I  think i need a shopping trip. HHHMMMM Shopping!!!!!! :)                    
Clare
Fern (HRH) and Willow (lolo)
Bryony, Gypsi, Thorn and Rocky

Sorry if my Post offends you, my cocker spaniel has learnt to type and i can not be held responsible for her attitude problem!