Author Topic: kc  (Read 2222 times)

Offline zoe

• Site Member
kc
« on: January 26, 2007, 09:27:13 PM »
HI
Could someone give me some advice ? :'(
Think I may have do some thing stupid ! :-\
We went and got our self a orange roan pup on the 29/01/06.
Lovely lady gave us a recite saying kc paper in 7 days .Yes you know what I am going to say we still have not got papers.
Phone kc they say a litter hasn't been redgisted to the bitch but there has been a change of owner to the bitch and this could delay the redgister of litter.
can any body shed any light
many thanks zoe
p.s my spelling is shocking please do'nt laught

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
Re: kc
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 09:29:44 PM »
Have you contacted the breeder to ask why you still haven't received the papers?
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 09:31:07 PM »
Did you buy from a breeder or a shop/kennel???

I'd contavct the breeder and express your concerns, if you don't have any joy I'd contact trading standards

Offline zoe

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 09:38:23 PM »
Hi
Winter was bought from a breed ive contacted them quite alot and they are saying the reson is the change of owner on his mother.
My worry is how long do i leave it be for i take action
thanks zoe

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 09:42:51 PM »
Well its a year on now, and normally you'd get the papers with your puppy. Occassionally there is a delay for genuine reasons but that would only be a week or two I would think.

I'm not sure what come back you will have on the breeder really though. Maybe someone more experienced will be along soon to advise.

Where did you get her from? How did you find out about the litter?
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 09:51:05 PM »
oops sorry, I thought you meant Jan 07 not Jan 06  :005:

Offline zoe

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 10:08:37 PM »
sorry date was 29/12/06

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 10:12:52 PM »
sorry date was 29/12/06
Ahh. Not so bad then  ;) . Got to give them a chance what with the New year and an owner change  :blink: .
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline zoe

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 10:14:01 PM »
hi
we have had winter since the 29/12/06
so its coming up for a month
we are not novices at this we already have 3 blue roan.s 1 dog 2 bitches
we have never had any problem like this before just wounded if any one could shed some light
thanks Zoe

Offline workingcockers

• Site Member
    • http://www.workingcockers.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 10:32:54 PM »
looking on the positive side, they probably forgot to change ownership of the dam into their name and until this is done cant register the litter. I Myself forgot to do this with one of my 2 yr olds and it wasnt until 2 weeks ago that I sent her paperwork in  - it came yesterday. The breeder of course had signed the back and dated it with the date of transfer and this is the date the KC have used - ie April 2005.having said that I like to register my pups when I know they are looking Ok - ie around 3-4 weeks, but probably with xmas and holidays, paperwork was the last thing on their minds...At least the KC have confirmed that the dam is KC reg which is half the battle and the KC and the breeder are saying the same thing so I wouldnt panic for another couple of weeks - if change of owner is going through and then the breeder has to submit the Form 1 with the names (either by snail mail or online if an affix holder) could be another 10 days or so before breeder gets paperwork back. Lets hope theres not a hitch in the naming process!!
Kirsten Strachan
Lorne Working Cockers

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 10:34:37 PM »
I had a similar problem when I bought Disney. All the KC documents had gone back to the breeder (the bitch was being kept at another breeders kennel - this is where I visited her and the pups) so when I picked Disney up, they were not there for collection. She told me as soon as she got somebody to pick them up, she would forward them on to me. Weeks went by without hearing anything so I eventually just sent her a note and an SAE and I got them a few days later. She is quite an elderly lady so I put it down to a senior moment  :005: I would just drop a line to the breeder explaining that you are still waiting and take it from there. It may very well be just an oversight
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline zoe

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 10:48:15 PM »
hi thank for info
will wait for a few more days to c wot happens
many thanks zoe

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 11:48:09 PM »
Well, the date change makes all the difference!  :005:

Things do slow down over Christmas, then there's the back log to catch up, so don't panic yet. Keep in touch with the breeder, is the best advice I can offer, and try and ascertain each time you speak at what stage the registration is as.

Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2007, 02:08:49 PM »
I seem to remember it was a couple of months before I received Domino's KC reg.

I did contact his breeder but I have to admit I wasn't unduly worried.

I then sent the forms to the KC to change his ownership to our name & it was a little while before I got that back. (I know it must have been at least 6 weeks because the KC insurance had expired - but I'd already insured him with another firm.) ;)
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline zoe

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2007, 08:46:25 PM »
Hi Everyone
Thankyou for all the advice  :D