Author Topic: Sainsburys insurance - Thumbs up  (Read 3087 times)

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
Sainsburys insurance - Thumbs up
« on: February 02, 2007, 11:25:16 AM »
Just thought it worth noting how impressed I have been with Jaspers insurance through Sainsburys.  When I had his lump removed from his neck we were not sure what it was but vets gut instinct was it was nothing to worry about but when the biopsy was not a good sample, we decided to take off the lump anyway.

I rang Sainsburys to check and they were very much of the opinion that if the vets approve it and its within the cover of insurance shouldn't be a problem so we went ahead with the op.  The vets completed their details on the claim and sent it adding the £50 I'd already paid for the biobsy.

I rang Sainsburys on Monday to check they had the claim, they had and decided to pull it forward to assess that afternoon or Tuesday morning and the cheque arrived yesterday they even covered the wormer and flea treatments that were included on the invoice but not really part of the claim....

I am SOO impressed, staff were very friendly and even the cover note says "Hope Jasper is better now" just small touches but don't they make a difference AND my credit card also feels much better now...

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Annette

• Site Member
Re: Sainsburys insurance - Thumbs up
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 11:45:41 AM »
That's great. We are with them too, so hope we have the same experience when making a claim.

Have to say that in the vaccination booster thread I detailed my rather frustrating dealings with them about the wording of their policy conditions regarding vaccination! But that was with AXA (who underwrite nearly all of these "shop" insurance policies) and you probably dealt with the Sainsbury's staff.

Offline Scootysmum

• Site Member
  • Scoots, mum Molly and sis Daisy on 3rd b-day!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 04:59:19 PM »
Ahem, I am with Sainsburys too...sadly I can not report as favourably as you guys! We put in a claim for Scooter's distichiasis (£800) and were made to wait ages for the money...each time I phoned the claims line I was directed to an answer machine that was always full up..and when I eventually got to speak to a real human being they told me they had "insufficient information to progress the claim" from my vet (I then marched down the road to see my vet where they produced proof they had supplied all the correct info, several weeks beforehand).

As all this occurred in October, I am thinking maybe they have acted upon various customer complaints (I can't have been the only one) and got their act together!!!

Glad some of you guys have been impressed with them ;)

Offline beccab

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 05:07:14 PM »
I was with them till I got my renewal last month, up from £10.71 to £22.93 monthly  :o (for leonberger bitch), I was even less pleased when I re-entered her details on the online quote bit and got quoted £20.63 - so much for customer loyalty methinks. And they wanted £17 month for Peaches (cocker bitch), so while I think their cover is excellent I have changed to another who wants £27 month for the 2 of them, cover not as good but not too bad and tis far easier on my budget  :D

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 05:38:23 PM »
I was with them till I got my renewal last month, up from £10.71 to £22.93 monthly  :o (for leonberger bitch), I was even less pleased when I re-entered her details on the online quote bit and got quoted £20.63 - so much for customer loyalty methinks. And they wanted £17 month for Peaches (cocker bitch), so while I think their cover is excellent I have changed to another who wants £27 month for the 2 of them, cover not as good but not too bad and tis far easier on my budget  :D

I have not insured Louie with Sainsburys as the quote was a lot more expensive than when I insured Jasper a few months earlier.  I had put it down to the fact Louie was a pup and cost me more money, plus I was dissappointed that they didn't offer discount for second dog.

Ahem, I am with Sainsburys too...sadly I can not report as favourably as you guys! We put in a claim for Scooter's distichiasis (£800) and were made to wait ages for the money...each time I phoned the claims line I was directed to an answer machine that was always full up..and when I eventually got to speak to a real human being they told me they had "insufficient information to progress the claim" from my vet (I then marched down the road to see my vet where they produced proof they had supplied all the correct info, several weeks beforehand).

Lets hope that they have learnt and things have got better as a result - perhaps I would have waited longer if I had not rung and maybe they pass through if £200 rather than £800, time will tell.  Hope you're all sorted now.

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Scootysmum

• Site Member
  • Scoots, mum Molly and sis Daisy on 3rd b-day!
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 06:21:18 PM »
Funny thing was, I phoned initially and they said the claim was in hand and they had everything they needed...when I didn't hear anything back after a few weeks I started calling them and was given the line about "insufficient info".
Thankfully they paid up in the end, but it was like getting blood out of a stone!

Offline GrahamT

• Site Member
  • kie 9 months (photo tracy morgan)
    • http://www.jalankiucockerspaniels.com
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 07:04:11 PM »
we used to be with more than but we have changed to marks and spencer £12 a month for each of our 5 bitches and they have paid out in full for the claims we have made and we dont pay any excess it realy is a mine field where insurance is concerned good luck

Offline lemoniee

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 01:18:05 PM »
hi,
sounds very inpressive but one prob, mym cocker turned 10 in oct and i dont know whether they would frown upon requesting insurance on a "mature" dog? holly had to have a wart removed last year and also a teeth polisg=h which we paid for without insurance so were thinking of insurance now, any replies and help would be great
lemoniee x

Offline beccab

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2007, 02:51:44 PM »
Think you may find it very difficult to get first time cover for a dog over 10 yrs, not that I've ever specifically hunted round for it but most of the ones I've come across will offer first time cover up till age 8. if you can't find anything its probably a good idea to set aside some money each month into a savings account so you have something to hand if you need it.

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007, 04:33:09 PM »
hi,
sounds very inpressive but one prob, mym cocker turned 10 in oct and i dont know whether they would frown upon requesting insurance on a "mature" dog?
lemoniee x

More Than don't have an age limit on their policies
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)