Author Topic: i don't understand some people  (Read 6006 times)

Offline inga

• Site Member
Re: i don't understand some people
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2007, 08:42:42 AM »
Hi Kim,
I know how hurtful it can be as many years ago we were doing very well with a young dog and because we kept beating a certain big breeder the rumours started. First it was that he had a bad mouth and then the really sick one was that he had died and at Birmingham Champ show people were coming up to us and saying how sorry they were that we had lost him, I was in the ring at the time with him. This dog got over 50 B.O.B. at open shows  and was very consistant at champ shows,so not bad for a dog that was supposed to have a bad mouth and also dead.

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2007, 12:10:34 PM »
As everyone has said...rise above it, you know the truth and that's all that counts  ;)

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2007, 12:21:57 PM »

Rise above it.  What goes around, comes around  ;)

Dennis is  :luv:

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2007, 12:27:17 PM »
Have to admit I looked at the photos and the first thing I thought was that tongue looked like it could give a pretty fierce lick when called into action. Tail looked a tad dangerous too and maybe they are scared when its waggin 19 to the dozen and its messing their hair up  :005:.

Take no notice of them, Ive never met him but there are plenty of posts on here from people who have so Im convinced you got yourself one big soft pooch.  :luv:
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2007, 12:28:21 PM »
In all walks of life success of another person can bring out the nasty side in people less successful.  Sad but true.  As others have said, rise above it and continue to  be proud of your dogs :shades: That will rub them up the wrong way even more :005:
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Black Angel's

• Site Member
  • Muffin
    • http://www.blackmajestys.com
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2007, 02:26:29 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear this..

But,this is proof that You have high quality dogs! people are so jealous when someone is successful,some of them are just devils in human skin,I hate that!

Keep up the good work..

Iva
Black Majesty-english cocker spaniel & grand basset griffon vendeen kennel

-> www.blackmajestys.com -<

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2007, 03:39:01 PM »
Kim

This will just highlight who your real friends are  ;)

Rise above it like the others have said ... they are jealous of your dogs and how successful you are with them ... don't give them the satisfaction that they have won !!!  Get out there and keep on winning !!!!

Take care {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Dessie
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2007, 03:56:37 PM »
I agree with the others Kim, rise above it, I wouldn't even waste your time worrying about it ;)

Offline Kim

• Site Member
    • Molkara Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2007, 04:02:55 PM »
Many, Many thanks to you all & especially to those that know Dennis  :luv:
I have been inundated with pm's, emails & texts of support. It seems that there are so many people that are finding themselves victims of this kind of behaviour.
You are all right, I need to rise above it all, never lower myself to their level.
I have had this before & after a while they do get to you - I have considered giving it all up, on occasion, but then they would just be beating me & I'm no quitter (Aries) ;)
If it is because I'm winning with my dogs, then tough! It is, after all, the judges that put us up!
Us being myself & Emily & the dogs & can I just say that woe betide ANYONE that tries to intimidate Emily  >:D

My good friend, Louise (loobyloo) put this on another forum -

Having had Dennis stay with me for a couple of months I can safely say that his temperament is unquestionably SOUND. He fitted into to our house and mixed with ALL our dogs (both male and female) without a cross word or spat. He tolerated being brushed, bathed, and fed by me and my family and living in a busy house.He had to put up with 2 young boys and if that isn't a testimony to a dog then what is !!!!!
I would trust that dog in any situation, he is a credit to our breed.
I would like to say to people out there " test drive before you criticize" have the dog at your house and see how he behaves then you are entilted to pass judgement.
May I also add that Frankie and Crystal displayed the same good manners

Louise looked after my dogs  last year, whilst I was moving.

thanks again guys.
www.Molkara.co.uk

Save the earth; it's the only planet with chocolate.

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2007, 04:07:11 PM »
I agree with all the above but I understand you just cant help feeling hurt that someone can be so horrible about you.. your dog or perhaps even your kids... the list goes on. I think its just the darker side of human nature. Who telephoned you and what did they have to gain by passing on such a silly story? some people revel in anothers unhappiness..they are more to be pitied than scorned.
 Personally if I hear any rubbish I put it where it belongs.. into the dusbin part of my brain. I wont glorify it by passing it on where it may grow arms and legs .
rise above it and take a good look at your dennis. Is it bothereing him ? no? then dont let it bother you cos if it does ,the gossiping harpies have scored. he IS a handsome boy! :luv:

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2007, 10:13:15 AM »
Kim, I dont know Dennis (only seen him from a distance a couple of times...and I didnt see anything that would indicate to me his temperament wasnt sound  :blink: ).  I have noticed other dogs (none from COL) around both show and obedience rings than I prefer to keep my dogs (and on some occassions...myself) away from.  I guess what I am trying to say is that hopefully people will judge for themselves, and make up their own opinion about dogs...rather than believing all the gossip that flies around. 

I hope for you that eventually this rumour will fade away when enough people realise that there is no evidence to support it  :blink:

Offline sueneil

• Site Member
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2007, 04:58:04 PM »
Showing brings out the best and the worst in some folk, after many years in the showing game i know what it feels like! You just have to be aware that most folk know the truth about your dogs!We would all give up if we gave into those people who rubbish our dogs.

Offline *+*Chlo*+*

• Site Member
  • Ashley x
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2007, 08:12:11 PM »
Kim you no the truth and thats all that matters  :D dont let it get to you  ;) x
Luv Chloe xxxxx

Offline KellyS

• Site Member
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2007, 11:03:29 AM »
Uhhh! I have just caught up with this thread... OMG what is wrong with some people??? >:D

You need such a thick skin in this game, I have had similar upsetting experiences in the past.....Sorry Kim and Emily to hear about this I've seen your dogs loads of times and they have always been very gentle and well mannered. Keep ur Chins up girls :D

Kelly & the Keladity Klan

Visit our website
www.keladitycockers.co.uk
Dogs laugh but they laugh with their tails! - Max Eastman