Author Topic: UNITED SPANIEL SEMINAR - 25 MARCH @ STONELEIGH  (Read 753 times)

Offline Heather

• Site Member
UNITED SPANIEL SEMINAR - 25 MARCH @ STONELEIGH
« on: March 26, 2007, 12:54:21 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I went to the above seminar yesterday and found it to be very enjoyable and informative.
The "conformation and movement" and "critique-writing" sessions were presented by Carol Coode (Warringah Labradors) and there was also a talk/demo on "Getting the Most Out of Your Show Dog" by Peter Upton (Tragus Clumbers and Vizslas).

I took my "Points of the Dog" exam and passed with flying colours (100%) despite the "subject" being a very wiggly Sussex Spaniel who just wouldn't stand still and had Carol Coode and I in fits of laughter!

I can therefore recommend this seminar (if it's held again) to any of you who would like to attend for preparation for judging but it would also be of interest to novice and experienced exhibitors as well. The lunch was good and hot (we needed it!) and there were lashings of teas and coffees. And everyone was very friendly and welcoming.
There were lots of people there who had gundog breeds but there were also some who had Dogue de Bordeaux, Siberian Huskies and Smooth Fox Terriers. I also won TWO prizes in the raffle!
Let me know if any of you would like the contact details to see if it's going to be held again.

Heather & Geoffrey.