Author Topic: Pet Insurance  (Read 9490 times)

Offline Hel

• Site Member
Re: Pet Insurance
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2007, 10:11:10 PM »
No, it's anyone who signs up as a sponsor for the Dogs Trust and pays the joining fee. 

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2007, 10:16:17 PM »
No, it's anyone who signs up as a sponsor for the Dogs Trust and pays the joining fee. 

I had no idea - I thought the money went to support the dogs in the DT care, not to pay an insurance premium for my own dog  :-\
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline PennyB

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2007, 10:21:48 PM »
All my pets are insured and without it I wouldn't be able to have Wilf treated by a fantastic vet in Swansea (cost is about 85 a week since the middle of December and the rest!). I'm with Petplan and while it is expensive I can't move because of previous claims but then am glad I at least have something especially since I lost over half my income last year (something I didn't envisage) and wouldn't be able to pay any long term/large vet bills
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Tracy S

• Site Member
  • louie-blue shoes
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2007, 10:30:06 PM »

I have Louie insured but I would anyone to have 3rd party (at least).

A few years ago, an Old English Sheepdog ran into the road and my dad hit it whilst driving (Iwas with him there was now way he could have stopped). The dog walked away without any injuries, but he wrote off my dad's car. :o

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2007, 11:03:38 PM »
Something I would advise people taking out insurance for the very first time is choose carefully, it may not be easy to change insurers if your dog visits the vet for anything other than routine vaccinations even if you haven't made a claim. 

I looked into moving Max. He had been to the vets for a bout of sickness and diarrhea that cleared up quickly with treatment. I didn't make a claim, but other insurance companies wouldn't then cover him for ANY sickness and diarrhea.

Three are with Direct Line, and whilst they've paid up without any quibbles they are slow at paying out. I was told when I claimed for Sapphi's accident last October that they had a backlog due to short staff but this would be rectified in a few weeks. When I sent in Barney's claim a month ago I was told exactly the same thing.  It took 8 weeks for Sapphi's to be settled and Barney's still isn't.

Morgan I have insured with M&S. I would have like to moved the others but now there are too many things that they won't cover so I can't.
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)