Author Topic: snoods ??  (Read 5788 times)

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
snoods ??
« on: September 11, 2003, 09:13:34 PM »
are the things Nina has on her girls in these pictures called snoods??

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/forum/viewtopic . php?t=2651

anyone know where i can get one? I tried typing snood intp google and it came back with gobble-dy-gook!                    
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
snoods ??
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2003, 10:08:28 PM »
Hiya Kelly,

I know that they are sold on ebay...i think people use them for afghans as well  ;), but to be honest I've been to a few open shows recently and I've only ever seen one dog wearing them...even at SKC a VERY big show I saw 2 dogs max i think....I wonder why  ;) ;D

Gilly                    

Offline xander_ho

• Site Member
snoods ??
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2003, 02:42:57 AM »
Hi all,

Its a silly question!! :-[ I've seen this thing call snood tube covering the cocker's ears in dog show. They do look kinda silly!! ;D Can anyone tell me what they are for?? Are they some kind of ear muffs you wear in winter to keep the dog warm?

Alexander ;)                    

Offline tracey

• Site Member
    • http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk
snoods ??
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2003, 07:24:29 AM »
I think they are used to keep the ears tidy or dry ???
I have never needed to use them, I think they look a bit silly ;D, but I suppose they would be useful for traveling if your cocker drooled excessively as some can do. A friend of mine puts a snood on her cocker before it eats to stop the ears dangling in the food.
You could make one yourself with a piece of material and some elastic. Or you could try Hub International.
Tracey :)                    
http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk

Love All
Trust A Few
Do Wrong To None
William Shakespeare

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
snoods ??
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2003, 09:13:50 AM »
They sell snoods at all the dog shows Kelly - I saw many on show when I went to the windsor show. You can get them plain, tartan, spangly, you name it! ;D I considered getting a pair for Daisy to stop her ears getting messy when she eats - I didnt at the time but wish I had... so if you do find anywhere online that sells them, please let me know too  :D                    

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
snoods ??
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2003, 10:39:15 AM »
I have never needed to use them, I think they look a bit silly

Exactly Tracey  ;)....maybe they are more popular in England Mike because it was spot the silly dog with the thing on it's head up here I'm afraid. Yes they do sell them on Hub Int. i saw them last night.....in rather attractive (NOT) spangly fabric...what next  ???                    

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
snoods ??
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2003, 10:44:04 AM »
I think Daisy would look quite sweet with a spangly snood on while she eats  ;D I'm gonna take a peek at Hub website then  ;D                    

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
snoods ??
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2003, 10:50:38 AM »
From an eating point of view I'm sure they work really well, saying that tho if Butty was anything like she was with a Halti on...i think the snood would be pulled off and eaten for dinner  ;) ;D                    

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
snoods ??
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2003, 10:57:42 AM »
That's how Daisy was with her scrunchy  ::) I think she thought it was a giant pink onion ring or something  ;D                    

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
snoods ??
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2003, 11:05:26 AM »
Just seen them - well, they're VERY bright and spangly arent they! Can even get one with polka dots! Decision, decision.... might also get Daisy the leather bum bag LOL!  ;D                    

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
snoods ??
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2003, 02:15:21 PM »
I must admit I find these snoods really silly looking but I guess they do have some practical uses. Misty's breeder uses them on her cockers in the summer to protect their ears from grass seeds when out walking through fields..... they were a discreet dark green colour though, not your spangly ones ! :)                    

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
snoods ??
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2003, 02:42:56 PM »
You tend to find they are used by show people just before a show ;D on the dogs that is ;D. After you've washed and trimmed and groomed and rewashed and trimmed etc etc - the last thing you want is the muck gatherers draggin on the ground. Remember our pals love having their noses to the ground. This means their ears are also always on the ground. Snoods just help keep them clean for the show.

Some people do use them at home too to keep ears out of food etc I don't coz they do look a tad daft ;D                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline daftcockers

• Site Member
    • http://www.chaysonniecockers.co.uk
snoods ??
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2003, 03:55:15 PM »
Sonny has a bad habit of drooling badly in the car, but instead of a snood I use a hair scrunchy to wrap around his ears and tie them up.                    
WWW.CHAYSONNIECOCKERS.CO.UK

Thanks susan and the gang

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
snoods ??
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2003, 05:13:39 PM »
I do agree that if you have a naturally messy eater or a slobbery dog then they are a good idea...all the ones I have seen have been black tho...none of yer pink gingham or disco dolly colours....but to be honest I'm not convinced re the showing...as I said I've hardly seen any up here..maybe cos people know what a numpty you'd look  ;) ;D                    

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
snoods ??
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2003, 05:41:50 PM »
hehe - I have had a look at hub international - I wanted one for when millie drinks, especially when I take her to a show - she ends up with very wet ears (even though i use a spaniel bowl) and i don't suppose its particularly attractive.
TBH though the hub international ones are a tad on the spangly side for me .. a nice discreet black one would do the trick for me .. perhaps I'll just stick to poking her ears through her collar ...  :-  ;D  ;D                    
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk