Author Topic: All About Dogs - Brentwood Essex yesterday  (Read 915 times)

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
All About Dogs - Brentwood Essex yesterday
« on: May 13, 2007, 06:28:19 PM »
We went to this show yesterday and had a fantastic day - AND met DYLLAN and her husband and children.  First time I have ever met someone from COL and it was lovely!  I was amazed she recognised us as she had seen my post saying I was going (which I now can't find, hence the new post - sorry mods!) and saw Suki.  She came over and asked the name of my puppy and when I said Buffy, she knew it was me!  Very impressive!
Also, today when out walking the dogs I met a lady who we often see and she had been there too yesterday and got a third in the agility.  She was thrilled to bits, and went on to tell me about the lady who got a first with her COCKER SPANIEL in the agility!  Apparently it was this ladies first ever agility show and she was absolutely delighted to come first.
Just wondered if it was anyone on here?
I saw cockers of all shapes, colours and sizes, and it brought it home to me again just how petite our Buffy is.  We met a pup who was only 2 weeks older than her, and it was much much bigger.  We also met a very handsome 3 year old boy whose markings were almost identical to Buffy - had the same splodges in the same places on his back and near his tail - and he was gorgeous.  Saw lots of doggy stuff too, but was very good and did not over-spend!
I did however buy a fantastic spill proof dog bowl for the boot of the car.  It is absolutely amazing, and although it usually sells for £9.99 it was on offer at the show for £8.00.
My only regret is not buying a superb dog towel they had on sale.  It was special material that dries your dog and absorbs loads of water.  You then wash it and spin it, and just hang it out to dry!  With the current wet weather, and our holiday coming up in less than two weeks (YAHHHAAAAYYYY!) I wish now I had brought it.  Still never mind, I am sure I will see it at another show. 
Buffy seems to attract water when we are out!  She manages to get much wetter than Josie and Suki put together - no mean feat when she is soooo tiny compared to them!  I guess it's a cocker trait?

Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Re: All About Dogs - Brentwood Essex yesterday
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 08:18:01 PM »
Hi penny

Glad you had a great day  ;)

Offline Brimbeck(Dyllan)

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 09:10:47 PM »
I have to say Buffy is each more lovely in the flesh. It was great to meet Penny and her lovely dogs.
We had a great time, my first trip to a dog show. :D
Sarah Dyllan Tyke and Lance

www.brimbeck.co.uk

Offline paulb

• Site Member
    • http://barney.moonfruit.com
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 09:46:48 AM »
i am gutted that we didnt go,
i am afriad the rain put us off  :embarassed:

so we opted for the indoor essex police open day, i know where i would rather have been >:(

next year i will be there,
Barneys Website

With Best Wishes, Paulb, Evonne ,Ollie, Alice and of course the great Barney