Author Topic: West of England Champ Show  (Read 4572 times)

Offline LeeC

• Site Member
West of England Champ Show
« on: September 25, 2003, 12:15:33 AM »
I will be visiting the show on Sunday 12 October, are there any other members attending? If so, it would be good to meet up. If there are any members entering the show perhaps you could give me your bench number or other identifier. I will be leaving Oz on the 4th of October and don't know if I will be able to get net access between then and the date of the show.

I am looking forward to going back to the West Country as I spent my childhood around Swindon (Purton) and I remember the beautiful countryside around there.

Look forward to hearing from some of you.

Lee                    

Offline roy

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2003, 08:50:16 AM »
Hi Lee _ I'm going to the West of England Show at Yate on Oct 12th with my puppy Alfie (Blue Roan) - he's only 14 weeks so will be too young to enter. I live about 20 miles north of Yate so it will be easy journey. Will be pleased to say hullo if I can locate you. We'll have to come up with some kinda code!!!!    Roy                    

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2003, 09:19:16 AM »
Hi Lee & Roy

I'll be there with my friend Sue :D :D  Will be bringing Douglas over as well so look forward to meeting you both.

Dessie :D :D                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2003, 09:23:12 AM »
Roy - sorry but it's highly unlikely you'll be able to take Alfie in :(. Many champ shows count dogs in and out and only dog's entered are allowed in. It's not always the case and Jane S may well know if you would get away with taking Alfie in to this particular show.

Alfie would probably be better staying at home :)                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2003, 09:59:25 AM »
Pam's right Roy, you won't be able to bring your pup into the show I'm afraid. It's against KC rules for pups under 6 mths to attend shows & often Field Officers attend Breed Club shows to make sure rules are being abided by. You could of course leave him in your car (as long as it's not unseasonably warm) as long as you pay frequent visits back to the car to make sure he's ok, let him out to spend a penny etc but with a pup this age, I'd be inclined to think he'd be better off at home.

PS Lee, I will be at the show, I'm stewarding in the Bitch ring.                    
Jane

Offline roy

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2003, 06:37:20 PM »
Hi Pam / Jane Thanks for alerting me to to this ruling - didn't know about it. Still want to come, but may have to do as Jane suggests and leave Alfie in car (weather providing) cause I've got the older dog farmed out for the day but won't be able to leave Alfie as well. Shucks - the best laid plans etc...Will obviously have to try and replan but at the moment only way is to bring Alfie, so that then becomes weather dependent. As I say thanks for alerting me - tho my day is spoilt, was so looking forward to bringing the little one....   Roy                    

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2003, 06:53:52 PM »
Hi Lee,

I shall probably be going along, just as a spectator though ;)  I may take Lottie and take her off for a nice long walk inbetween watching the show and saying hello to people. ;)

I actually live in Swindon Lee....just on the outskirts about 5 miles from Purton :D  Will be good to meet you ;)

Mary                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline LeeC

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2003, 03:00:19 AM »
Thanks for all your replies, we'll have to sort out some means of recognising each other. Mary, I had a look at some pictures of Lottie which you had posted, she will be easy to spot if she is still carrying that flowerpot around with her!                    

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2003, 07:16:48 PM »
Hi Guys

Well I thought I'd better post and see where we were going to meet before Lee left OZ .....  Not sure how we will spot each other but I will be easy to find as I will be in the catalogue.  I know what Mary looks like and Jane so Lee & Roy you will have to make yourselves know to us ladies !!!

Look forward to seeing you all on the 12th.

Dessie & Douglas :D :D                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline LeeC

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2003, 02:33:02 AM »
Dessie, I will look you up in the catalogue when I get there. Looking forward to catching up.

Lee                    

Offline roy

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2003, 11:26:58 AM »
Hi folks yes still going to the West of England so guess I'd better put a yellow postie note on my sweater saying ROY - wont go the extreme lengths of carrying a red carnation or whatever!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway if you do spot me - do say hello and be sure I'll be looking out for you.   Roy                    

Offline Gary

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2003, 04:40:54 PM »
I would be very interested in going to the show, to see how it should be done and all that. Problem is I have I haven’t a clue were its being held, times etc and rough directions would be really useful  ???                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2003, 05:16:15 PM »
Hi Gary

You'll find the relevant info here :http://www.westofenglandcockerclub.co.uk/s...how_details.htm

Jane                    
Jane

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2003, 10:25:33 PM »
:'(Doesn't look like I'll be able to make it tomorrow :'(

Hope you all have a good time and if circumstances change for me perhaps I'll try to get along...fingers crossed :-                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline LeeC

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2003, 03:01:49 AM »
Just a short note to say how much I enjoyed the show and meeting up with COL members, Jane, Mary, Dessie and Roy. I also met Dessie's lovely show dog, Douglas, and Roy's adorable blue roan puppy, Alfie.

It was interesting to see the variety of show trims presented and the dogs colouration. I was particularly enamoured with a veteran black and white dog who won his class.

Thanks to everyone and I hope it is not too long before we can meet again.

Lee