Author Topic: insurance help  (Read 11122 times)

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
Re: insurance help
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 05:20:09 PM »
M&S here for both dogs and 1 cat  :D

JessieCocker is around £160 a yr with no excess...I am expecting an increase in Sept tho when its up for renewal as we have made several claims this year  ph34r

Janey

Offline Philtrum

• Site Member
    • www.PhilLawrencePhoto.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 05:25:46 PM »
Charlie is with Kennel Club ... it was a couple of quid more expensive than petplan ... but much better coverage

unfortunatly I've had to claim already ..... but fortunatly they have been fantastic and quick in getting the cheque out to me (good job as it was nearly a grand! ) ... no quibbles and an easy form to fill in

Customer service was good too on the phone, they actualy seemed concerned that Charlie was ok .. as well as being good about the claim and giving me info etc.

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2007, 05:26:55 PM »
M&S here for both dogs and 1 cat  :D

JessieCocker is around £160 a yr with no excess...I am expecting an increase in Sept tho when its up for renewal as we have made several claims this year  ph34r

Janey

Flo's is about £160 the same Janey, when I spoke to them about Harley's they said premiums had gone up again in June, also it's extra for a boy! ::)
  I still think it's worth it as I know with no excess to pay that I need never worry about having to take them even for minor things :shades: Also their benefits are as good if not better than most

Offline pinkcarys

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2007, 05:57:51 PM »
I wonder why I had such a high quote?  Strange.

I've found quotes as low as £6.50 a month but they barely cover anything.  Some at £15 look quite comprehensive and include the kennels if you are hospitalised which is why I was so shocked at the quote I got with M&S!
"My aim in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am"

Offline emms

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2007, 06:45:59 PM »
Im with Tescos's  ph34r and have had no problems with the claims I have made

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2007, 06:55:08 PM »
I'm with the Halifax, but I pay around £12 a month for my pair. (That's £12 each; not all together.) Their level of cover seems quite good. But I've never had to make a claim, so I can't say if they are any good or not.  :-\
Although I do know if you don't have their booster vaccinations done it invalidates the whole policy.  ::) And castrated males are no cheaper than entire ones.  :D

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2007, 07:00:03 PM »
I wonder why I had such a high quote?  Strange.

I've found quotes as low as £6.50 a month but they barely cover anything.  Some at £15 look quite comprehensive and include the kennels if you are hospitalised which is why I was so shocked at the quote I got with M&S!

It does seem very much more than anyone else's M&S premiums. Did you phone them or go on line for a quote ?  I also suppose post codes make a difference  :-\

I think I'd phone again,that doesn't seem right.  :-\ By the way someone said that the max per year was £4000 with M&S ! It's actually £7000 per illness. ;)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2007, 07:32:28 PM »
My two are both with M&S and I pay £11.21 per month for Tilly and £12.63 per month for Alfie and that's with zero excess on both policies  :shades: Alfie's was also renewed in March and it only went up around £1.50 per month. It was the best policy I could find, I love the zero excess as most of their bills come in at around £30-40 which is just under the standard £50 excess fee but is still a lot of money to fork out  ::)  and I have had no problems with claiming from them. I pay the vet upfront and fill in my bit of the form, they fill in the rest and send it off and I get a cheque a couple of weeks later. The longest I've waited for a cheque was 2 and a half weeks which I don't think is bad at all.

I'm quite shocked at how high some of the M&S quotes described here are though as Alfie is a young, uncastrated male dog, we live within a major city postcode area (Edinburgh) and he has the all singing all dancing zero excess cover yet I pay less than £13 per month for it  :huh:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline MollieMoo

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2007, 07:44:09 PM »
After reading advice on COL I took out insurance with M&S for Daisy.  I only started the insurance at the beginning of March and have already had one claim of £40 which took quite a while for the payment to come through, but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt as it was my first claim.  I now have another claim for approx £220 from my vet and £700 for the orthopedic vet referral, I have decided to ask the vet to claim and the Animal Hospital claim direct too, so I won't have to pay anything.  To insure Daisy it is £16.17 a month with Zero excess.  I have now insured Mollie with M&S and with the 2nd dog discount her monthly payment is £15.82 with Zero excess.

Daisy's has just been diagnosed with a fragmented medial coronoid process of her right elbow.  If I continue to insure with M&S next year, will they continue to cover this condition?
Kate, Fudge (Orange Roan 11 years)

Mollie (RIP 19/11/20 aged 15 1/2 years old)
Daisy (RIP 14/02/19)

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2007, 07:55:39 PM »
Yes they should continue as their cover is continuous.  I wouldnt change to another Insurer though because they will exclude it.

Offline mad 4 cockers

• Site Member
  • Alfie & Charlie
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2007, 07:56:04 PM »
I was with M&S for my two they gave a discount for having both insured(£10.45 per month for Alfie & £9.75 per month for Charlie) but premium's nearly doubled even though I've not made a claim, so I've now gone with Healthy Pets same cover as M&S, but for £17.45 for both per month.

Jane

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2007, 07:59:51 PM »
I've recently looked at changing the insurance for Snoop to Halifax.  Not too sure what others think of them, but their terms and conditions are very fair.  They have two types of plan, a basic and an extra.  The extra plan covers up to £6000 per condition, per year with £50 excess per condition, per year.  The other stuff they offer is also quite good (although I have no real comparison) and the monthly cost is great compared to the other companies people have posted about - only £7.63 per month for Snoop and just under £7 per month for Honey, bearing in mind that I have had to disclose Honey's current eye/hearing problems (I'll get a proper quote again after we've made sure she's treated for all current stuff).

I Changed from M&S to the halifax. I have the extra plan and pay Under 20 pounds per month for both my girls. The thing to be careful of, is to tell them you want to keep to the same Insurers otherwise they look for the cheapest insurer upon renewal, you may then not be covered if you have made a claim as it will be a pre-existing condition I am quite happy with the level of cover but so far have not made a claim.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2007, 08:19:54 PM »
Kali's quote with M&S is just through.  £147.00 plus £50 excess.  Don't know whether that is good or bad as I can't remember what I paid last year :shades:
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2007, 09:14:46 PM »
I'm with M&S and have always found them to be pretty good.  I've never dealt with them by phone though  :-\

Bailey's insurance was about £130 and when I got Harvey in October was pretty shocked as his was just under £200, knew that there had been some pretty hefty increases so was pleasantly surprised when I received Bailey's renewal yesterday of £168.  Not great, but better than I was expecting, and we have had a few "little" claims this year  :-\  Both polices have no excess.
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2007, 09:18:30 PM »
Can i ask a question to those of you whose policies have no excess? If you claim, does it affect your renewal premium?