Author Topic: insurance help  (Read 11124 times)

Offline MollieMoo

• Site Member
Re: insurance help
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2007, 09:20:46 PM »
Can i ask a question to those of you whose policies have no excess? If you claim, does it affect your renewal premium?

I really don't know as this is the first year I have ever insured a dog, I am sure I will find out in March 2008 ph34r
Kate, Fudge (Orange Roan 11 years)

Mollie (RIP 19/11/20 aged 15 1/2 years old)
Daisy (RIP 14/02/19)

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2007, 09:23:27 PM »
Jan

I claim for everything, even if the bill is £30.  That's why I pay extra, so I have no excess.  Until this year, Bailey's insurance cost me around £130 per year, so no, in the past his premiums haven't gone up because I have claimed.

It has gone up this year, but as I understood it, with M&S all the premiums went up so I was expecting an increase, regardless of any claims I had made.
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2007, 09:24:57 PM »
Jan

I claim for everything, even if the bill is £30.  That's why I pay extra, so I have no excess.  Until this year, Bailey's insurance cost me around £130 per year, so no, in the past his premiums haven't gone up because I have claimed.

It has gone up this year, but as I understood it, with M&S all the premiums went up so I was expecting an increase, regardless of any claims I had made.

Am just wondering how they manage to do it so cheap????

I pay around £18 per month for Billy with Petplan & my excess is £65  >:(

Offline MollieMoo

• Site Member
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2007, 09:27:29 PM »
I know when I got my quotes for Daisy online there was only £10 a year difference between a £50 excess and zero excess, so I guessed it was worth paying the extra £10 a year. ;)
Kate, Fudge (Orange Roan 11 years)

Mollie (RIP 19/11/20 aged 15 1/2 years old)
Daisy (RIP 14/02/19)

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2007, 09:33:12 PM »
I've just been on m&s website and they have quoted me £221 per year for Billy !

It can't be postcode related as I live in a nice area  :-\

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2007, 09:37:02 PM »

That is about the same as you are paying now.  Is that quote including no excess?
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline Aggie

• Site Member
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2007, 09:38:11 PM »
I'm with PetPlan and when we made a claim they were really helpful and we got the money straight away.

We pay about £23 a month which covers both dogs. My excess is £65 but that hasn't been increased since making a claim.

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2007, 09:40:29 PM »

That is about the same as you are paying now.  Is that quote including no excess?

Yep, no excess  :shades:

mmmhhhh not sure if i want to risk changing as billy had a wobbly head once, although it's since gone away, if anything did happen & I couldn't claim I'd be kicking myself.

although I see m&S pay up to 7k whereas petplan is only 4k I think.

mmmhhhhhhhh  :shades:

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2007, 09:40:52 PM »
I claim for everything for my two, even if it's only £20 as that's why I pay extra to have no excess. It hasn't affected Alfie's premiums anyway, as I said, it's only gone up £1.50 per month this year  :D
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2007, 10:12:47 PM »
I claim for everything for my two, even if it's only £20 as that's why I pay extra to have no excess. It hasn't affected Alfie's premiums anyway, as I said, it's only gone up £1.50 per month this year  :D

Me too Nicola, it's worth a bit extra for the no excess as a lot of the bills are small ones (under £50)  ;)

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2007, 10:24:00 PM »
I am really lazy with mine  ph34r

I don't claim unless it's worth it. My excess is £65 but if my bill came to £80 I wouldn't claim for the sake of £15, I am so lazy  :005:

mmmhhhh may ask at work about this, not sure how m&S are managing to do it so cheap ie no excess.

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2007, 10:29:07 PM »
I'm with M&S no excess policy but i only make claims for treatment over £50. Our premiums only went up by £1-£2 a month and I have made quite a few claims  ::)
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2007, 10:41:40 PM »
I'm with M&S no excess policy but i only make claims for treatment over £50. Our premiums only went up by £1-£2 a month and I have made quite a few claims  ::)

Gill, if you do that, why don't you have  a £50 excess policy then you would pay less ?  :-\

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2007, 10:54:06 PM »

Gill, if you do that, why don't you have  a £50 excess policy then you would pay less ?  :-\

Because like Jan, I wouldn't claim for the sake of £15-£20 so my vet bills would then have to be in the region of £90 + to make it worthwhile claiming and they rarely are that high. They tend to be around the £50 - £60 mark so at least with no excess I get the full amount back rather than losing out. It makes sense in my head anyhow  :lol: :lol:
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2007, 11:00:38 PM »

Because like Jan, I wouldn't claim for the sake of £15-£20 so my vet bills would then have to be in the region of £90 + to make it worthwhile claiming and they rarely are that high. They tend to be around the £50 - £60 mark so at least with no excess I get the full amount back rather than losing out. It makes sense in my head anyhow  :lol: :lol:

But you're paying extra to have no excess then losing out by not claiming for anything under £50... say you had a bill for £40 you wouldn't claim that back? Surely that's therefore leaving you out of pocket?

I'm interested to know why anybody wouldn't claim back say £20 or £30 - it doesn't cost anything and takes 5 minutes to fill in a claim form so why don't you want your money back  :huh:  Ok it's not a huge amount but I can always think of something to do with it... maybe you have more spare cash than I do  :005:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/