Author Topic: Insurance prices??  (Read 5238 times)

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Re: Insurance prices??
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2007, 02:10:28 PM »
M&S excluded lip fold problems on Dallas' policy when I first took it out as I had bought Hibiscrub for routine cleaning  ::) He hadn't even been seen by a vet for it. They took it off 2 years later - just in time for the op being done  :005:  I put in a claim fully expecting it to be refused but they paid up. I till can't make sense of it  :lol:
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2007, 03:43:35 PM »
Re Healthy Pets: Ferns two grass seed removal (ears) ops last year meant that grass seed removal is excluded for the first year but I fully expect them to remove the restriction on renewal in September. They excluded 'any pre-existing condition for which treatment was recommended or received during the previous 12 months'
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2007, 06:53:21 PM »
Our dogs are with Direct Line & the total premium is £40.50 for the 2 of them which compared to some of the premiums quoted by the rest of you does seem to be quite high.

However on the single time I claimed they did pay up quickly direct to my vet with no problem.

There is an excess of £65 for each dog; however my vet is very good about just charging me for the drugs used; he very seldom charges me if I just have a consultation.  ;)
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2007, 06:57:31 PM »
There is an excess of £65 for each dog; however my vet is very good about just charging me for the drugs used; he very seldom charges me if I just have a consultation.  ;)

OMG  :o We pay £26 + VAT just for crossing the threshold of the consulting room........ ph34r
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2007, 07:11:44 PM »
Our consultation fee is £14.  £7 if is is just a check up after treatment.
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2007, 08:11:59 PM »
We get charged an examination fee of £19 for every visit so it only takes us 2 visits to rack up enough to claim. If its just a very quick re-examination and no follow up is required then they may not charge but depends who you get and what mood they are in  :005: :005:

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2007, 12:27:39 AM »

OMG  :o We pay £26 + VAT just for crossing the threshold of the consulting room........ ph34r

I pay about £26 for the first consultation, £23 for the second & then I think £19 for the third.

In comparision to what you'd pay to see a private consultant it's not that bad  :D

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2007, 08:46:17 AM »

I pay about £26 for the first consultation, £23 for the second & then I think £19 for the third.

In comparision to what you'd pay to see a private consultant it's not that bad  :D

I'd expect to be in the consulting room for a damn sight longer if I saw a private consultant - in some cases, I have been in with the vet for less than 2 minutes (even the receptionists have commented on how quick we are) - but we still get charged the same price  :-\

I know it is horses for courses, and I could change vets if I was prepared to compromise on some areas/levels of service - but when I read about people who can pop their dog in for a quick check over for no fee, I seems a little unjust   :shades:
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2007, 10:42:31 AM »
I have been in with the vet for less than 2 minutes (even the receptionists have commented on how quick we are) - but we still get charged the same price  :-\

I know what you mean about the time span, I've been there too sometimes and been in and out in a flash but still pay the set standard price  >:(

The only reason I won't change vets is because they are around around the corner & open 24/7 & therefore very convenient.

I'd expect to be in the consulting room for a damn sight longer if I saw a private consultant -

When I worked at Pr*ory the consultants charged around £250 for an initial consultation which lasted anything from half an hour to an hour  :o

Offline Danni n Betty

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2007, 02:55:20 PM »
My vets charge £25 + vat for the first consultation, but if you have to go back, say in 7 days to check up, or if you still have the same problem, then they just charge you for the meds you need.

I was chuffed when I found out that you can add up all the costs for the same problem through the year.
Betty had about 4 or 5 ear infections last year, each one costing £50 or £60 each time (a couple of months apart), but with £65 excess I though I couldnt claim. It was receptionist who told me its classed as one problem, so I could put them all together and get my money back  :D. No probs with More Than!

Offline GB

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2007, 07:58:40 PM »
We pay £13.55 with tesco, Thought that was expensive until recent events. Worth every penny now.

Offline hovis

• Site Member
    • www.kasordoncockers.com
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2007, 10:21:11 PM »
Just had my renewal for my 2 thru and nearly had kittens (!!!). Its now £42 - was £35. When I tried to change last year to find a more competitive quote everyone I tried would not take my older dog on - he's 10 years old - so have had to stay with Direct Line and now feel like they've got me over a barrel. :huh: Dont know what to do about it - the insurance for the dogs costs more than my car insurance!!! S'pose I could get rid of the car and harness the dogs up to one of those husky sled things intead  :005:
Your dog is your friend, partner & defender. You are his life, love & leader. He will be yours, faithful & true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM »
When I tried to change last year to find a more competitive quote everyone I tried would not take my older dog on - he's 10 years old - so have had to stay with Direct Line and now feel like they've got me over a barrel. :huh:

HAve you tried More Than? They have no upper age limit for new policies

Offline hovis

• Site Member
    • www.kasordoncockers.com
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2007, 08:15:01 PM »
Thanks Gill......will have a look at that one! :D
Your dog is your friend, partner & defender. You are his life, love & leader. He will be yours, faithful & true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Offline Kimberley

• Site Member
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2007, 09:42:54 AM »
I pay £10.40 pcm with More Than, but I have other policies with them so I get a reduction.

Used to pay £14.00 with E & L for my other dog, but when I had to claim it took almost 5 months for them to pay up.
Kim is owned by Coco, Breeze the Cockers and Charlie the (failed foster)Cavi