Author Topic: Companion and Fun Shows in Kent  (Read 976 times)

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
Companion and Fun Shows in Kent
« on: June 08, 2007, 06:29:20 PM »
Anyone else going to the RSPCA fun day at Leybourne tomorrow, or the Companion Dog Show at Manston on Sunday?
We will be at both - unless it is raining hard as Suki is such a diva she hates the rain! 
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline cazza

• Site Member
Re: Companion and Fun Shows in Kent
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 07:05:31 PM »
I won't be there, but hope you have a great time Penny  ;)

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 08:00:21 AM »
We had a great time on Saturday - Buffy won 2nd in the best puppy class and it was huge!  The day was really good fun, but it got too hot so we didn't stay till the end, which was a shame as we missed lots of good classes I am sure.  Buffy and Suki are fairly easy to keep cool (Buffy goes in her material travel crate which keeps nice and cool, and Suki is cream and sensible, so she lays in the shade)   However, Josie is a different matter!  She is black with a white flash on her chest, and she is so daft she just bounds around getting herself all hot and bothered. We always have loads of water with us, and we also wet a towel and put it on her, but she still got quite hot.
Would you believe - over the tannoy came a message asking whoever had left their dog in the car to please go and get it  >:D The temperature outside was really hot, so god knows what it was like in the cars.  It was an RSPCA fun day - with dog show - and some idiot left their dog in the car  >:D >:D >:D  They kept repeating the call and I was getting more and more annoyed - especially as the police were there.  IMHO the police should have just smashed the window after the first call - just in case some one had left their dog whilst they rushed to the loo or something equally idiotic and was planning to come back for it, but the call went out on and off for quite a while! 
Yesterday was fun, but the classes were huge and as it was a fun dog show, the judge was quite slow.  She also seemed to favour GSD's in each line up of 6 there were at least 2 or 3 GSD's.  Once again, we didn't stay for the whole show because Josie got hot and bothered again (and TBH so did we, and we were tired from the day before!)
Anyway, it was great fun all weekend, and kept us out of trouble.
I finished the day by taking Dominic to see Pirates of the Caribbean - great film!
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 08:18:41 AM »
Glad you had a good time and Congratulations to Buffy for getting 2nd in the best puppy class

Saturday was hot here too and I hated putting Fern in the car to travel to Cazzies, but we had the air con on to start and the windows down, how on earth anyone could have left a dog in a car in that heat is beyond me   >:D >:D >:D I hope the dog is ok and the owners have had a severe reprimand

So the film was good then, my two want to see this

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 05:24:51 PM »
The film was really good - the only thing was I had been told it was 3 hours long, so I went to the loo just as we went in.  Deliberately only got a very small drink etc etc   We deliberately arrived late so we didn't have to sit through loads of trailers.  I was busting for the loo, so gave in and popped out - when I got back the film finished about 10 minutes later so I could have held on!!!! :005: :005: :005:
We got to the cinema at 4.05 for the 4.00 showing and were out again by 7.05 - so it is NOT really 3 hours long - that must include the credits. :005:  Whilst telling my friend at work today, she said I should have stayed till the end of the sub titles as there is a little cameo at the end which we missed!
We are very lucky though - we have 2 huge cinemas very close to us.  One is a Cineworld which my older son works at, and it is always really really busy.  A brand new Odeon has just opened 2 mins away from home, and I don't know what has gone wrong with their advertising campaign, but they are NEVER busy.  There were a maximum of 30 people there yesterday.
Trev and I went to see Wedding Daze on Saturday night and there were about 10 of us in there (its our wedding anniversary tomorrow, so we went to the cinema on Saturday and are out for a meal tomorrow - romantic ey?!!! :005: :005: :005:)

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 10:22:09 PM »
Blimey Penny you definately live the high life  :005:

Happy wedding anniversary for tomorrow, Trev is an absolute  :angel: hold on to that man  ;)