Author Topic: London Cocker Society Champ Show  (Read 7510 times)

Offline Eljay

• Site Member
London Cocker Society Champ Show
« on: October 15, 2003, 11:10:47 PM »
Hi all,
Just thought I'd ask if anyone is going to the London Cocker Champ show at Slough in December? I haven't done a champ show yet but I'm going to give this one a try. It would be great to meet up with some of you.

Lou and Alfie.                    
Alfie, and Jay J. together over the Rainbow Bridge. Always in our hearts but dreadfully missed.

Offline metpol fan

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2003, 05:12:06 AM »
I was going to do it, but have decided to give champ shows a miss for a while as i am wasting my money, made the decision just to do open shows for the mean time and get my face seen more, and the breeder is going to introduce me to people when i walk round with her, sad i have to do this as i do enjoy champ shows but when you pay your money like everyone else and are then dismissed because you are one of the people that is not known  ::), its not doing Buffy any good and its not doing me any good, but have a good time and enjoy yourself :D                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2003, 09:08:13 AM »
We are entering Ruby, Lou. London Cocker is always a nice show to go to whether you win or not so I'm sure you will have an enjoyable day ;)                    
Jane

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2003, 12:12:11 PM »
Misty's breeder has tried to entice me into entering her, but we are SO not ready for anything like that yet, or possibly ever. ;D I hope to pop along though, so look forward to meeting up with some of you. Shame they can't find a venue that is actually in London to stage the London Cocker Show............Slough ! ::)

I would like to take Misty to meet up with her breeder again, is this going to be possible in any way ? Would I have to enter her as I'm not too keen on leaving her in the car really .                    

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2003, 12:34:17 PM »
No doubt I'll pop along as usual ;D

Couldn't stay long at Yate at the weekend and Alice (my youngest daughter) wasn't happy about being dragged away early ::) ;)  She just loves watching all the classes and usually gets the chance to see a couple of Lotties brothers 8)                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2003, 04:02:18 PM »
Colin may be able to enter Misty "Not For Competition" like Gilly & Gill did at SKC - this means you can bring her into the show but you won't have to show her :) If you want a schedule & entry form, email Doug Telford, the Secretary (dougtelford@hotmail.com or give him a ring on 01268 751342.

Edited to say just looked at the schedule & there's no mention of "Not For Competition", so best to ask first.                    
Jane

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2003, 05:17:47 PM »
Still umming and aahing as to whether to enter Otis 8), but what ever I do I'll be there anyway ;D                    

Offline Eljay

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2003, 10:37:18 AM »
I will look out for you all when we get there. You're right Colin , it's a long way to go, so I will have to set out early. Alfie's breeder is the one who has persuaded me to try it, and Alfie has been doing ok at the open shows and it's a nice doggy day out. We are off tomorrow to Braintree, so we'll see how that goes.                    
Alfie, and Jay J. together over the Rainbow Bridge. Always in our hearts but dreadfully missed.

Offline tracey

• Site Member
    • http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2003, 10:41:37 AM »
Hi Lou, Good for You having a go. London Cocker is a nice friendly show. :D
I`ll be there with the gang, look forward to meeting You.
Tracey :)                    
http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk

Love All
Trust A Few
Do Wrong To None
William Shakespeare

Offline KellyS

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2003, 09:49:31 PM »
Hi

I have entered London Cocker and im a bit nervous I have got 4 champ shows coming up, Coventry, Rotherham, London and Ladies Kennel Association but i think the best thing to do is just go for it, even if I don't win anything it will still be a lovely day out watching cockers all day!!!!  I have done 3 champ shows this year and I didn't get anything but Toby enjoyed it and my friends did well with there cockers and it was lovely to see some of the tops dogs I think you just have to keep trying it took friends of ours two years to qualify for crufts.

It should be a good day.                    
Kelly & the Keladity Klan

Visit our website
www.keladitycockers.co.uk
Dogs laugh but they laugh with their tails! - Max Eastman

Offline tracey

• Site Member
    • http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2003, 08:35:20 PM »
Hi Pupsey, As You say even if You don`t win anything it is still nice to watch the other dogs :) I will be showing at London, it`s a friendly show so no need to feel nervous ;)
Just remember people are looking at Your dog not You ;)
I.M me Your name or dog`s name and I will say hello at Coventry. I will be handing out catalogues :)
Tracey :)                    
http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk

Love All
Trust A Few
Do Wrong To None
William Shakespeare

Offline NinaW

• Site Member
    • http://home.online.no/~nwaldela/
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2003, 09:05:03 PM »
I am just so jealous on everybody going there  ;D  I have been at this show a few times, first time it was in Watford, and it was easy with a train from central London.  
It is a long taxidrive from Queensway to Slough, but after all we are tourist ;D
Last time I went there, the taxidriver that drove us back to Queensway from the show, drove in 3!!!! hour before he found our hotel, we had been visiting a bar/pub in Slough, so we was not much of help ;)  
But we had a GREAT DAY + Jane's Katie won the CC, so I guess they had a great day too !!

Nina                    

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2003, 10:27:27 AM »
Can someone post the venue details please? I may come along too if possible, it would be great to catch up with those I know already, and to meet some new faces too  :)                    

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2003, 10:43:14 AM »
It's at the Montem Sports Centre in Montem Lane, Slough.

I'm hoping to be there. :)                    

Offline markjcage

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2003, 02:57:14 PM »
Are dogs allowed in?!! :-