Author Topic: London Cocker Society Champ Show  (Read 7511 times)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
London Cocker Society Champ Show
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2003, 03:32:50 PM »
Are dogs allowed in?!! :-

Only if entered at the show, Kennel Club rules I'm afraid :)                    
Jane

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2003, 12:20:10 PM »
I hear that Tracey Morgan, the animal photographer, is likely to be at London Cocker. I've seen some of her Cocker photos and they look really good. Anyone any idea how much she charges ? Is she really expensive ?                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2003, 03:53:58 PM »
Yes Tracy Morgan does excellent head studies :) I can't remember how much she charges as I've chucked out our invoices, but its not hugely expensive for a professional photographer :wink:                    
Jane

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2003, 05:39:33 PM »
I think the show is due to start at about 9.30, is this right ? Will the puppies be up first ? I don't want to miss them (I'm looking forward to seeing Misty's brothers in the ring :) ), but it's going to be a bit of a struggle for me getting there that early.

What time are the other non-showers aiming to arrive ?                    

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2003, 08:12:48 PM »
I would like to get there fairly early so depends if I can drag myself out of bed.  I'm aiming for 9.30 but have a habit of never getting anywhere on time :oops:                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2003, 09:54:33 PM »
I'm still thinking about coming, if I do I think a 9.30 start is a bit optimistic for me - it IS a Sunday after all :lol: So I would say it's much more likely I'll be aiming to arrive anytime after 10.30...                    

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2003, 10:43:25 PM »
Judging commences in both rings at 9.30am.
The Dog classes start with Any Other Colour (ie. other than Solid Colours) and the Bitches start with Any Solid colour - Inc Solid/Tan
This is so that exhibitors are less likely to get caught up in two rings at once.
The Minor Puppy (age 6-9 months) classes are not until later (possibly after lunch) so it might be worth checking which class Misty's brother is in Colin :wink:

Edited to add that both classifications above in italics start with a Puppy class.                    

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2003, 06:17:30 PM »
Thanks for that Michele, looks like I won't have to speed my way down the M4 in a mad panic to see the pups after all. :)                    

Offline metpol fan

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2003, 06:55:20 PM »
Anyone know what the results were :)                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2003, 08:49:47 PM »
Anyone know what the results were :)

DCC & BIS Sh Ch Manchela Blue Lagoon
RDCC Bitcon Be My Guest
BCC Sh Ch Cavalingo Wizadora
RBCC Marquell Misprint
BPIS Avandora Ms Dynamite

Hope those that went along today enjoyed themselves :) Ruby did not have such a great day but it didn't bother her - she's happily snoring on the sofa after a nice chicken dinner :lol:                    
Jane

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2003, 09:28:32 PM »
I for one had a nice day Jane and it was lovely to see Ruby again :wink:

Having the whole day there this time I thought I'd have a good opportunity to watch alot of the classes but as soon as all the COL members rolled in we did hardly anything but chat :oops:  :D

Nice to see everyone as usual...was particularly nice to meet Louise with Alfie for the first time (he's gorgeous Louise) :wink:

Lottie wore her nose out when I got home.  She didn't stop sniffing me for about 20 minutes (Misty had licked me to death at the show :wink: )                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2003, 01:25:19 AM »
Glad to hear you all had a nice time  :D
Nice to hear Manchela Blue Lagoon won BIS Jane  :wink:                    

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2003, 10:55:03 AM »
It was the first show I'd been to and I really enjoyed it, although as Mary says, we all spent more time nattering than watching the dogs. We did all rush round to watch Ruby though, she is a stunner and looked to be really enjoying herself in the ring. She strutted round like she was the bees knees, which of course she is ! :D

It was nice meeting up with Mary, her daughter Alice and Loraine again and also to meet Michele and Lou/Eljay for the first time. (Thanks for the grooming tips, Michele  :wink: )Alfie is a very handsome boy .... Misty obviously thought so too the way she lay on her back for him, legs apart in a very unladylike manner. :roll:  :lol: I was very impressed with Lou's grooming skills, Alfie was very well turned out. :D

Misty wasn't entered but had a whale of a time, being surrounded by so many people and dogs she was in seventh heaven, wagging her tail the whole day. We saw her Mum, brother and grand-dad and she had photos taken by Tracey Morgan too. One of my neices won a plate in the raffle, which rather bizzarely said "Mothers Day 1973" on it, but it seemed to make her day anyway ! :lol:

Next time I might get round to watching the dogs in the ring ! :lol:                    

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2003, 11:31:24 AM »
How did people do then ???                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2003, 04:45:27 PM »
Well I had a good time too and it was nice to meet some new faces as well as seing some familiar ones (keep everyone happy Michele :wink: )

Louise/Eljay is obviously being modest as she got a 2nd with Alfie in her class, so well done to both of you. And Colin is right you'd turned him out beautifully Lou. Hope you celebrated with your raffle prizes (2 bottles of drink......hic :D )