Author Topic: London Cocker Society Champ Show  (Read 7509 times)

Offline Eljay

• Site Member
London Cocker Society Champ Show
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2003, 05:49:49 PM »
What a great day!!   :D I eventually got home exhausted, but happy. Alfie never moved all the way home, in fact he sat up just as I pulled onto the drive.  :)
It was the first time I've done a champ show so I was very nervous. Alfie seems to take it in his stride though. His crate was next to Ruby's, but I didn't realise it at first and by the time I did I was too embarressed to say anything to Andrew. But Ruby is a beautiful girl and she looked lovely in the ring.
It was great to meet up with the COL team, and Misty is a little gem, and Alfie was very taken with her. I think it's another girlfriend for him, (along with the great dane at ringcraft !!!)
I wish I'd have found you all earlier in the day as we could have chatted some more. It would be good to meet up at a show again, Crufts is probably the best one as we can shop as well as chat and be surrounded by dogs.  What more could a girl want.    Thanks very much for the compliments about Alfie, I'm still learning with him and have a way to go , but I think we're going in the right direction.
and as Michele says we did get a 2nd in the tyro class, and I won two bottles of wine in the raffle :D I haven't drunk them yet though as I was so tired when I got in I was in bed by 9.30pm!!! I am off to ringcraft tonight as we have our super match so am getting him ready again. I'll let you know how it goes.
Alfie sends a big kiss to Misty.                    
Alfie, and Jay J. together over the Rainbow Bridge. Always in our hearts but dreadfully missed.

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2003, 08:45:14 PM »
Well done Louise & Alife  :lol:  I would of liked to of been there but the shopping at LKA swayed me to come over this weekend  :lol:  Will definately be over for Crufts though  :wink:                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline daftcockers

• Site Member
    • http://www.chaysonniecockers.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2003, 08:52:26 PM »
Well done Lou and Alfie, glad you did sooo well :D                    
WWW.CHAYSONNIECOCKERS.CO.UK

Thanks susan and the gang

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2003, 08:59:05 PM »
Way to go Alfie :D What a great way to start your champ show career 8)                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2003, 09:54:03 AM »
Glad you all had a good day & well done to Lou & Alfie for their 2nd place! Lou, don't be embarassed, next time speak to Andrew - he can't remember names but if you say the magic words "Cockers Online", the lightbulb would have gone on :lol:                    
Jane

Offline tracey

• Site Member
    • http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2003, 10:26:22 AM »
Glad you all had a nice day.
Well done Lou and Alfie, what a lovely placing at your first champ show.
Look forward to meeting some of you at crufts as I didn`t make london and wont be at LKA. I missed the closing date for both :oops:
Tracey :D                    
http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk

Love All
Trust A Few
Do Wrong To None
William Shakespeare

Offline Eljay

• Site Member
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2003, 10:45:56 AM »
We had a good night again at our Super match evening, apart from arriving late as the kids were playing up before I left. (My youngest is at the Kevin stage!! :roll: ) Anyway, we got second in the puppy class, we were beaten by the Rottweiler, but we enjoyed ourselves as there was a nice buffett and won another bottle of wine and a clock in the raffle.  :lol:
We haven't got another show now till Dec 21st in Colchester, so a bit of a break, but I wish I was going to LKA, as so many people seem to be going there.
Good luck to anyone heading that way.                    
Alfie, and Jay J. together over the Rainbow Bridge. Always in our hearts but dreadfully missed.