Author Topic: OMG!!!! How many lives do Cockers have?  (Read 3723 times)

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member
OMG!!!! How many lives do Cockers have?
« on: August 08, 2007, 09:01:47 PM »
OK, Chloe is now totally out of season, we've been for a nice walk just after lunch and training straight after, we have just been out for the evening walk and I got more than I bargained for!

We went around the local park which is a good half hour walk plus play, we decided to go around once again as I needed to clear my head! As we were about 50 yards from the car we came across a cat!  :o Now Chloe's best friend is a cat so she just has to play! The cat saw me first and came over for a stroke, then Chloe saw it! Chased around the bushes, long grass, sticky buds, trees, you name it! Then the cat went over the wall, the wall has about a 4' drop down to the pavement and the main road!  :o :o :o You guessed it! Chloe went straight after the cat! It was like slow motion, I saw her flying over the wall and I heard the yelp as she landed!  :'( I have never run so fast in my whole life! I ran around the rest of the park to get to the road, I'm not sure why I didn't go straight after them over the wall to be honest but I'm not sure I would have got through the undergrowth and over the wall in time!

All the way around I was listening to all the cars going past listening for screeching brakes! Thankfully there were none! By the time I reached her she was on the other side of the road limping along!  :'( I called her and she decided to run down the middle of that lane towards me!  :-\ Four cars had to drive around her!!!

God I'm knackered, Chloe is now curled up to the her best mate, the kitten!  >:D

Sorry for moaning! I'm shattered after that exercise, the fresh air was supposed to help my really bad cold!  ph34r

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
Re: OMG!!!! How many lives do Cockers have?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 09:06:11 PM »
OMG - heart in the mouth moment  :o  I'm so glad that Chloe is safe and that you didn't have a heart attack!

PS.  I hope you're cold gets better soon  :luv:

Offline Aearoniel

• Site Member
  • Callie
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 09:08:18 PM »
wow what a lucky escape! hope her limp feels better soon

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 09:12:56 PM »
Thanks guys, my cold did seem to be getting better! LOL! Chloe's limp didn't last very long, I think she must have fallen badly probably due to not expecting such a big drop!  :o She's only just figured out how to jump in and out of the boot! Thank god that she came running to me rather than across the road or in the opposite direction towards a dual carriageway!  :o I think this has to be the worst moment of my life whilst owning a dog! >:(

Offline Tasha

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 09:21:14 PM »
your lucky she's not dead... ph34r  I always worry about them bogging off

Offline Boof

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 09:43:43 PM »
Oh my, Chloe, don't scare us like that.  :o I'm glad she's OK though, and that you are too.  :blink:

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 09:47:20 PM »
hi Adele :D
so glad shes ok :luv: how frightning ,i suppose she just gave you a "whats all the fuss about"  look  ::)
god love em  >:D
i bet a stiff drink and 20 fags were the order of the day when you got home :005:

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 10:36:01 PM »
OMG how scary  :o ..glad she is ok though x
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline debz

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 10:42:38 PM »
oh my thats one scarey evening stroll :o i always worry thats why i won't let Tom off lead one little thing and even the best trained dogs could be off ! too many roads near me  :-\

Offline cadbury

• Site Member
  • My wonderful Family oh and me
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 10:52:03 PM »
Hope you have calmed down now and am so glad everyone is OK :luv:
I know what you mean though when they run off time seems to stand still
we are looking after my brothers dog for the week and she can be a little >:D
and run off a lot >:D she hasnt done it in ages with me but today our Jason took them all out for a run
on the back field and yes you guessed it Milly decided to leg it I only knew this because Jason came back slamming all the doors and dragging Milly behind him and not looking very happy she had ben on the main road and nearly got knocked down so its back to watching her closely again >:D she is alittle devil who thinks its one big game to run away >:D
Hi from ANN,Bailey, Minstrel and Merlin the cat.
My animals are the light through dark days
Update.... Bailey died yesterday age 14 .. Minstrel 8yrs ago age 17
Merlin 10 yrs ago age 17
I have now Ellaween age 7 and Willow age 2 both working type cockers Ella black and Tan and Willow choc n Tan.

Offline ruby ruby doo

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 11:09:47 PM »
they are sooo quick off the mark..you d have to be an olympic sprinter to catch up.You must have been terrified! what a nasty experience when i take ruby out it will be miles from all civilisation..what a scary thought. glad you are both unharmed!! :blink:
jo & ruby =)

Offline sabrino

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 07:22:42 AM »
My god, my heart was in my throat just reading that!!!

Glad you're both OK!
Sabrina, Milo & Lupin x

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 09:51:58 AM »
Thanks everyone, I'm feeling a lot calmer now, Chloe is still oblivious to the incident!  >:D Things could have been so much worse! She usually is very good at recall and if they hadn't gone over the wall it wouldn't have been such a problem!!! There are squirrels galore in the park and she doesn't even batter an eyelid at them! We've never come across a cat there before though!  >:( I'll be keeping an eye for it next time!!!!!

Offline emilyjw

• Site Member
  • However crap the day cocker kisses aren't far away
    • Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 10:50:17 AM »
Glad things have turned out ok. I guess the chase instinct just gets too much sometimes.

Hope you have a nice relaxing day today,

Em x
Emily & the Jabracken fluffies - Bracken, Hermes and Jasminex

http://www.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 12:25:47 PM »
Phew what a relief that ended ok. Thank dog we love them eh, they stress the bring us  ::)  :luv:
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)