Author Topic: Bedtime ZZzz  (Read 1705 times)

Offline LakesUk

• Site Member
Bedtime ZZzz
« on: August 10, 2007, 09:55:56 PM »
Does anyone elses cocker really like bedtime??
Little Orrin loves to go to bed at night, usually wanting to be let upstairs and to get into her crate around 10pm (whether or not we are going to bed).
She can also be fast asleep in her soft bed in the lounge, but if she hears the click of the telly going onto standby, she's up like a shot and at the door, to go out for a little twinkle in the garden then back in and straight to bed!

So comical these little cockers  :005:

Or does anyone have the opposite problem?

Andy.

Offline Aearoniel

• Site Member
  • Callie
Re: Bedtime ZZzz
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 09:58:14 PM »
Callie loves it too even if she is asleep in the lounge and I get her milk bowl out and do the necessary prep she wakes right up and can't wait to go to bed!

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 10:09:05 PM »
Mine love it because they get their gravy bone as a bedtime treat  :lol:  As soon as the AOL lady says "Goodbye Gill" they shoot off to the bedroom  :lol:
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline LakesUk

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 10:12:14 PM »
Well it's gone 10pm, i'm still up and in the lounge, but Orrin has insisted that she goes to bed  :D

Andy.

Offline Aearoniel

• Site Member
  • Callie
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 10:13:57 PM »
lol Callie too, I couldn't get to the stairs quick enough and she got up the first few, she's a terror like that! All snuggled up with duck now  :luv: I like watching her she's sooo cute!

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 11:04:10 PM »
Ben also seems to love bed time!  I stay up late so he sleeps on the sofa with one eye on me just in case I move  :005:   When the TV goes off he waits at the door for a pee in the garden and then goes straight to his crate to wait for his bedtime treat  :luv:

Before we had Ben we used to stay with friends in Cornwall who had two collies.  Their TV clicked when switched off and this was the collies cue to go to bed.  Becky had great fun switching the TV off at odd times just to watch them race to their beds  :005:

Offline leisl

• Donator
  • Hi-Life PAT Dog of the Year!
    • Muppet - PAT Dog of the Year Winner 2010/2011
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 06:56:10 AM »
Muppet takes herself off to her bed on the stairs and starts drumming her feet about 9.30ish.  She knows that bed time means a bonio and therefore takes herself off to bed......the original Pavlov's dog me thinks!
Leisl, Muppet & Krumble
Orange ones are more juicy!!

Offline Deb H

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 07:25:58 AM »
My pointers are the same with the telly off switch, Jethro is like a hound out of the trap to get to the lounge door :005:.
He is your friend,your partner,your defender,your dog. You are his life,his love,his leader. He will be yours,faithfull and true,to the last beat of his heart.You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.Anon.
Deb,Henry,Jasper & George angel babies. Sydney,Harry,Jethro,Dhali Hebe Seth Hades Moses

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 08:49:10 AM »
Dillon & Nelly demand to go up to bed any time between 9 & 9:30 (I can't hold them off any later than that  :005:)  Last night I was on the phone until about 9:45 but the dogs had to be allowed upstairs, phone or not  :lol: :lol:

Offline Alpha

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2007, 09:17:52 AM »
I feel really mean as Lilly sleeps in the conservatory (on a huge Chaise) but she gives me those huge spaniel eyes as if to say don't put me to bed I am more than happy here with you :'(

Offline millerman

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2007, 09:49:42 AM »
Mine too, she just wanders off to her cage, same time each night 11:30ish, we no longer close the door on the cage, cos she's still fast asleep when i come down for work at 6 oclock, out for a walk and then back to bed, untill Mum comes down and does breakfast,she's better than the kids

Offline YorkshirePudd

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2007, 05:02:57 PM »
Milo is one of the odd ones out - doesnt Hate bedtime but we certainly get the cocker eyes when the water bowl goes in the crate for him ... then 5 mins of whining ... then peace till 0500. Maybe when he's bigger ...  ;)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 05:39:36 PM »
I stay up late and mine all conk out on the sofa with me at about 10pm but as soon as they hear the noise of windows shutting down they all jump up and run into the kitchen to stand at the back door then it's out for a pee and back in to stand at the biscuit cupboard as they get biscuits at bedtime, they ain't daft!  :shades:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/